My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this jewel stored up in an old barn and the owner said if i give it a good home i could have it for free.

Not sure what brand but the rounded box reminds me of the old Brinly carts. The metal is much heavier than anything made today and is in near perfect shape and has a heavy full width axle. The owner said it was red but he sandblasted and painted green before putting away many years ago. The tires held air and have already used it tonight.

·
Lindeman crawler fan
2,811 Posts
You are one lucky dude. That is a very well built looking trailer.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
That will look good painted up to match the Ford. Were looking forward to the pic of it when you get it done. A black and red stripe in it would look good on it to match the tractor. slkpk

·
22,781 Posts
Great find!!

You might think about taller tires on it to level it out with the Ford.

Bob :rauch10:

·
Banned
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great find!!

You might think about taller tires on it to level it out with the Ford.

Bob :rauch10:
Yeah it looks kinda funny with those 6in. tires but i am sure they are factory. Wish there was a way to put some donut car tires on to jack it up a bit.

·
Make Smoke, Boil Water!
1,784 Posts
Looks just like my little old Deere cart, rear gate and all. Even down to the little 'doughnut' tires. Just missing the stickers on the sides. Looks like they were there on the back quarter.

If your hitch end is about twice as heavy as the metal in the tongue, split to have an upper and lower piece, takes a pin from the top, and is riveted to the tongue, then it's almost certainly a Deere cart.

But yours is in lots better shape than mine, because mine's had to be kept outside for the last 20+ years. In spite of that, it's been a tough little cart, it took a daily beating and lots of use while we were building our house.

Your front dump trip is busted off about 1/4 of the way up, though. The original would be level with about the middle of your back and have a hole drilled in it for a pull-rope.

·
4K Poster!!!
4,504 Posts
I would like to see blue to match the Ford, with white trim and wheels.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts