My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up the blade and need to replace the up/down quick connects and it will be working just fine. It is definitely heavy,the rear end is much lighter I have some atv style ag tires on now and where I am moving the drive way rises 30' in a 150' run which is a pretty decent slope that I will have to plow. I have 4 42 lb suitcase weights of a Belarus tractor that I will probably make a bracket for on the rear end. Will this be enough weight or will I need the tires loaded? I can get 12 gal in each so that could be another 200-250lbs depending on WWF or rimguard. How much weight do y'all think would be needed?

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Diesels are awesome!
4,449 Posts
2 more suitcase weights and maybe some 50 cast weights would do the trick. I am going off of what I use with my snowblade. I use two sets of 50 cast weights with turfs, so, you might need a little more or less.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I was running 4x 42lb suitcase weights and a pair of 50lb cast wheel weights when plowing with my 400 and 54 blade. Towards the end I would get lazy and just rack up two suitcase weights and it still handled well. The rear end on a 400 is pretty heavy and then you also have operator weight.

·
22,338 Posts
My MF 1655 had calcium loaded tires (160 lb each), 2 link chains (15 lb/tire) and a 250 lb back blade on the 3PH for working with a 54" FEL bucket. It has the same hydro/rear end as the JD 400.

It will pull the 5' back blade at the same time that it is pushing a foot of fresh snow with the bucket with no problem.

My winter machines get the turfs loaded with the heaviest medium available before I make any other ballasting decisions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts