My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone out there who may be able to give me a few suggestions on getting my 55 DB Super 3's Ball Lock Cluch apart. It seems the only part of the tractor I'm having problems taking apart is the hub nut which holds the pressure plate on. I need to remove the clutch to clean it as it's currently stuck in gear.

Would I damage the clutch at all if I were to put some heat on it... Any help I can get on this would be great!!!

Mike.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Did you back the set screws out? You might get some more answers on the 2 wheel tractor forum under lawn and garden tractor Also there is a lot of info at Davidbradley,net- you can download manuals there Good luck

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Preston,

Thanks for the tip. I checked out the sight and learned about the electric rust removing... I think I'll give it a try on some of the other tractors I'm working on maybe... This 55 Super 3 has almost no rust... the only thing I can't seem to get undone is the Clutch plate.... argh.... It's clean and ready to put back together... This is the only thing that's holding me up... I've been putting PB Buster to it all day... I'm sure I'll have quite a time getting that stuff off the face plates if it gets down that far.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts