My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was the second cutting which was rained on.

Shown is a 4020 with 348 baler, 4430 and a M&W 8 wheel rake, and a 770 and a RTV 900 shuttling wagons!

Feel free to ask any questions!

I started out using the Kubota but the 770 just does a little better.:bananapow

This is our smallest tractor!

I encourage all of you to watch this video you will not regret it!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THgZsrkUUO8&feature=channel_page
:eek:mg: :eek:mg: :eek:mg: :eek:mg: :eek:mg: :eek:mg: :eek:mg: :eek:mg: :eek:mg:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
You had me until you got to the mow! Broke out in a heavy sweat and my back started hurting . Good show.

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,590 Posts
Nice pics.
Farmers here are still getting first cutting from all the rain we've had in June & first part of July.
Can that RTV pull a full wagonload?

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
I sure can relate. If there has been three days of hot sunshine in a row I have been making hay. So far about 3000 bales worth in the barns or delivered to customers by the wagon load. Using a kicker baler and a stacker on the wagons to fit more on. You have to pay attention or be the bowling pin.

We have been lucky with the timing and have no rained on hay. The field that got cut first is already a foot tall again. If the weather gets better we will finish all the first cut. Then shoot for some second cut.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Thanks for the pics and the video, great job. Its nice to have the tools you need to get the job done.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
16,062 Posts
:congrats: Nice shots and great video. Thank you. :thThumbsU

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Wonderful video and pics. You sure make it look easy.

·
I have my bear skin
698 Posts
Once again a JD 770 to the rescue.
JD40

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,318 Posts
Great looking equipment. Looks like a really good setup you have going there.

Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Thanks for the video, that was cool.

We use a Deere 24T bailer to convert our large bails of hay into smaller bails of hay for the horse shows.

Not quite as easy as your method thou:00000060:

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
That's an amazing video - thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
660 Posts
That is sure the easy way of doing it. I have stacked many bails by hand in my youth. Never again. Too much work for this old man.
Great show. One would think they would see that in a cartoon show. Fast and easy.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
What do you cut with and does it have a conditioner on it? And how wide a swath do you leave on the ground with the cutter? Do you manage to get away with using that pinwheel rake just once or do you have to flip the windrow a second time to get it to dry? What's the weight of your bales on average? And what's the composition of your hay, meaning species? Are you fertilizing inbetween cuts? How old is that field, planting-wise? How often do you plow and replant?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts