My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a 1992 Craftsman 917.255561 tractor/mower. its a 38" deck and 12 hp Briggs Motor. Its in excellent condition and runs great. I am looking for a bagger for it, but new is 319 from sears, OUCH !! Is there any alternitive? I found someone local with a bagger from a sears 38" deck also, but his deck looks different and his mower was a few years older. My question is can or do they fit? I am new to this and need advice. Thanks Jason

·
Premium Member
9,597 Posts
I am pretty certain the new Sears bagger isn't going to fit your 92 tractor anyway, but I would definitely buy used. I would keep watching Craigslist. A bagger for your tractor will come up eventually. Patience is the key. Autumn is coming and people will be selling summer attachments. That's how I got a great deal on my Berco snowblower, I waited until March.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, but sears does have a direct replacement for my tractor believe it or not, i was shocked.

I found a guy with a bagger, his tractor number was 917254550 which was a few years older than mine. I looked at parts direct and although the deck is 38" it is different. The one thing I do see is that the deflector and parts to install the deflector are the same part numbers that my tractor uses. I am wondering if it will fit mine? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can get it for 100, I am just wondering if it will mount up to the chassis. The chassis numbers are diff too. uggggggg

·
Snapper Lover
459 Posts
Load your mower up on a trailer or in a pickup and take it over. Then you can check it out. You may be able to rig it up and get it working. I just sold one that would fit yours for 50 a couple months back.

T.C.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey everyone, I actually got the bracket and 2 bin bagger from the guy who had my tractor. Its part number 24948. I am missing the part that goes on the deck and the tubes that connect to the bagger.. HELP !!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts