My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a good used JD (100 model most likely), and bagger is a must. In case I buy a unit without one included, I happened to find a bagger on Craigslist however seller says "not sure what model it fits"... see photo:

Any ideas? Were these baggers universal between certain years/models? Any help is appreciated.

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,947 Posts
Hoppers and chutes and bags were universal between a LOT of models (rear-engine RXss, STX, 100-series, up into the 300 series) during the 80s. For example, the bagger I put on my 160 came off an RX-73. All I did was buy the mount and the post. The picture you've included, that's a hopper/bags and chute that would fit a 100-series, AND that post looks a LOT like the post for the older 100-series... hard to tell tho, without seeing it up close. In which case, all you'd need is the mount that bolts onto the back of the tractor, should you take that 180. I paid 16 bux for my mount, right from Deere...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, any part from a JD dealer that only costs $16 seems like a steal!

The 180 mentioned in my other thread has the bagger included, but in case I don't buy that one - I'm seeing a lot of other 100-series models that don't have baggers, and was hoping that the bagger pictured above would fit.

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,947 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Looks like the bagger we picked up last year. It was from a STX 38. It will fit our 111H or our 165 Hydro. Pic 4 shows the difference between the mounting posts of the baggers. The bagger with the S-bend is for the RX/SX RER models. If its a good price I would buy it. It never hurts to have a spare. We bought this bagger for spare parts for our JD RER's, then we bought 2 more tractors that this bagger fits.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It IS a good price... a little distance away but probably worth the drive. The latest model I'm looking at installing it onto is a 200x LT155 (if I buy that one). Here's a photo of the 155's rear end, seems like there's a good chance the straight mounting bar would work but I think a bracket modification would be needed...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts