My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard about this mower on another lawncare site. Thought I might look it up considering there is a lot of people talking about badboy products. This mower is a joke. Shares the same architecture as the john deere JS and snapper NXT. Look at the silly discharge port. I've looked at these mowers and the build quality is sad. Cables are small, lots of plastic, thin decks, cheap wheels, underbuilt drive systems. Why would a company purposely sell these?
http://www.badboymowers.com/view/fixed-wheel-push-mower

·
JD318
990 Posts
Looks like the same overpriced crap I was looking at today at the Depot...
Did you know they charge $94 for a freakin reel mower now?!?

·
5K Poster!!!
5,142 Posts
Cause it has a cool name dude....duh..

Seriously, Looking at the specs it actually gives 7.5 hp but not the engine brand so I suspect Asian brand...whatever that is. It does look like a nxt.

·
Registered
16 Posts
From their FAQ:

What type of engines are available on Bad Boy Mowers?

Currently we offer Kohler, Kawasaki, Vanguard, Briggs and Stratton, and Caterpillar.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Looks to me like any old ********. How sad....

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
It looks like it has a Briggs on it. Same crap as my ********.

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
Just another commercial mower brand trying to broaden their market. Dixie Chopper tried the same thing a few years ago. Cheapo push and self propelled mowers, not much better than old murrays, but in silver and black with Dixie Chopper on them. They failed, no one was buying them.

The badboy walk mower dosn't look much better, just another industrial/commercial name slapped on a peice of junk to give the hard-core badboy fans a push mower to buy that matches...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts