My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked To lady yesterday about a craftsman 19.5 42" cut Lt are Gt she was not sure made a deal for $150 to pick up this morning at 10:00. Drove 50 miles to get it this morning and it had been sold she would not even pickup the phone and let me know.Sorry i had to Vent but i hate people to do me are anybody like this. :banghead3

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
IMO you misclassified that woman by calling her a "lady".

Mike

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
You got that right Mike.

Now if I make an appointment with someone I keep it. I might have a half dozen people on standby, but I keep that appointment.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She Said her Husband Sold It Whitch She Should have Told Him She Already Had It Sold But If They had Only Called Before I Made The Trip It Would Have Been A Lot Better.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
"Now if I make an appointment with someone I keep it"

Don't think I'm picking on you D-Dogg and I'm not trying to defend her but how does she know that? Clist is a first one with cash kind of world. Granted she should have told you that but it should also be common knowledge. Now he knows.

"If They had Only Called Before I Made The Trip It Would Have Been A Lot Better."

I got about a hundred calls when I put my ad on for garden tractors. Thirty of them say they are coming down and five show up. You think I'm calling twenty five people back that had no intention of coming anyway? If they want to make sure it's still here they have my number. If they say that they will be there in an hour in seventy minutes it's getting loaded in the other guys truck. I'm trying to make money here not necessarily friends and I hope I haven't made any enemies with this post but this is business.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Well, here's a cute story about how a fellow got busted.

I responded to a CL for a parts tractor a pretty good drive away. Made an appointment to see it on a Friday evening.

Not knowing I was interested, another member here calls the guy who says, yeah, there's a guy maybe coming to look at it but it's still available. So the other member picked it up. The seller did have the decency to call me and tell the lie "my wife sold it while I was at work". OK, fine, no harm, no foul.

The situation came out on the forum here and we all had a good laugh. The thing as it turned out would have been not worth my fuel.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I totally feel for you, but that's a risk you have to assume with any CL purchase as far as I'm concerned. The first one there with the cash will always win. Unless you've got some type of deposit on it, it's first come first served. She should have called you though. I'm always sure to do that. Did have one guy show up as I was loading a snowblower into the 'first one w/ the cash' truck. He was ticked, but wouldn't answer his cell when I tried to call.

Joel

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well i had a good experience, saw something on Craigslist that was an hours drive, sent an email, to see if sold already, then received a number to call, talked to her twice and set up arrangement to get it on following Saturday, verified directions by email. When I arrived on Saturday the first thing she said was that another guy had called her and offered her more money and to get it sooner, she told him it was already sold. After helping me load it up she even offered me a soda and nocked 20.00 off for my having made a long drive. so there are a few decent folks still in this world.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
The rear blade I just sold a guy called and was coming down and then another guy called. I told # two I'd get back to him If it fell through. # one tried to talk me down probably thinking that I had another guy who wanted it was just a line. # two was there and had it loaded probably before # one got home. Some times it works out some times it doesn't. All I know is I've got cash and it's gone. Can't cry over every deal gone bad and if you've only had one you ain't trying hard enough.
First guy get's back with me and ends up buying some other stuff and we may end up going to Little G next year.

·
Banned
2,485 Posts
Lately i been getting these pushy buyers who want to get here first regardless if someone else is scheduleged to come. I always set up a time and allow extra time for them to get here. I hate the no shows. Yesterday a guy emailed me to death over the Craftsman i was selling for 150.00. Today never heard from him again so i sold it to a guy who drove 2 hrs and quickly snapped it up no questions asked.

·
Premium Member
5,689 Posts
Look on the bright side, ya still got that purty Murray!

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
I've had this happen a bunch of times. It's really frustrating. It's also a bug let down when you get your hopes up! I'll say first come first serve to light a fire under potential buyers and to try to weed the tire kickers out. This normally works. I'll show an item to one person at a time with an appointment, it's just the respectful thing to do and I'd expect someone to have the courtesy not to sell something out from underneath of me. That blows!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Problem Is She Set The Time. I Talked To her Two times yesterday She First Said I Could Not See It Till Saturday The She Said No One Else Had Called About It So She Would Stay Home And I Could Come About 10:00 Today.I agree It is First come first serve but i always tell the people i deal with this on the phone.

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
All I can say is that is the fine bunch of people you have to deal with on Craigslist. :banghead3

·
Professional amateur!
1,003 Posts
i hate it when i'm emailing back and forth with someone and they suddenly fall off the face of the earth.

why can't people have the common decency to say its been sold or they're not interested anymore.

if you send me an email about something i'm selling and i sell it, you're going to get a response that says its been sold. doesn't matter if its one person or 2 dozen.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts