My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts

·
Just Have a Little Faith!
9,271 Posts
Years ago, in our town, they were excavating a pipe line. The truck driver was standing on the running board watching as a backhoe was loading him. As the operator passed the bucket over the man, a hydraulic line broke, closing the bucket and decapitating the man.

Is this video safe?

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I'd like to see that attempted with an old, well worn machine (actually I wouldn't!!). I know the ones I've tried were old, well worn tractor style back hoes. You'd have to keep the RPMs up to get any power, then fight the herky-jerky hydraulics because of the higher RPMs!:drunkie: That's what you get with an amateur at the controls.

Joel

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
You just have to love the comments section of Youtube!

"i bet his house is full of stuffed animals he wins from those crane machines"

LOL!

·
Registered
2,779 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Cool!

Back in the day at the Oswego steam plant I saw an operator pick up a dime with the bucket on a Hein Werner C-12.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Years ago, in our town, they were excavating a pipe line. The truck driver was standing on the running board watching as a backhoe was loading him. As the operator passed the bucket over the man, a hydraulic line broke, closing the bucket and decapitating the man.

Is this video safe?
It's a stunt and with stunts anything can happen.Looks a lot safer than someone trying to show their knife throwing skills by seeing how close they can lob one at you and still not hit you.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
My younger brother won a years's rental on a 750 Deere dozer doing a contest very similar to that ,but with a plastic spoon and egg and bells on sticks:thThumbsU
He could do what that guy did dis-robing with his log truck , he is an incredible operator! Being in R&D for many years for Wain-Roy I have seen many many contests and very few that were truely AWSOME! That fellow running that Bobcat is one of the AWSOME ones!:thThumbsU:trink39:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts