My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a favor from some one that has a Kubota 1100 backhoe. THey have a special mount that grabs the bars and hooks on the L39-48 series tractors. I am adopting a Woods backhoe to my L48 and don't want to rely on the 3 point hitch. I saw this backhow rip the toplink and part of the transmission case off a smaller backhoe. I would like a paper tracing of the side mounts and a few pictures so I can build a mount that attaches to the frame. Or if you know a company that makes these, that would work also.

Jerry
Kubota L48 with Woods 1050 backhoe. :thanku:

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
Jerry, did the OEM BH fail on your L48 TLB?
Or are you wanting to treplace it w/ a bigger Woods BH?
If you don't have any luck here you might try contacting Woods as they may have a subframe kit for it.

re. damage to rear's via 3ph mounted BH's. I've seen quite a few pics on the web of the damage a 3ph mounted BH can do to a tractor without suitable reinforcing. Kubota, JD FNH etc, the pics are out there.
I'm not sure about the other brands but Kubota makes re-enforcing brackets that ties the top link bracketry on the tractor to the lower portion of the rear where the drawbar framing is bolted. It makes for a stronger top link connection. IIRC these brackets look like 3" or 4" L channel steel. Theres been a couple members that have this re-enforcing on their 3ph mounted BH's, perhaps they'll see this and post. I know one has his mounted on a B7800 and I want to think the other was an older L series. Both BH's were OEM's tho.

Good luck.
Dave

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finally got the 1050 mounted to the hard points of the L48 and it works great. I used 3/4 steel bars for the bottom mount and 3/4 connected to 3/8 to the top mount. I got lots of welding practice and am happy with the job. This backhoe is huge and is really more than I need but it was the right price. I am now thinking of making a smaller bucket for it. Anybody got plans? I think a 10-12 inch bucket would be useful for trenching. The 18 that it came with is more useful for moving dirt.

Jerry
Kubota L48
Woods 1050:fing32:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts