My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have loader and backhoe pictures?

I would like to see pictures of Backhoes installed on a large frame... or possible manuals. I have a backhoe from a New Holland L445 skidsteer... Its fairly big... but could possibly be modified to fit. Also, how were the hydraulics ran on a tractor with loader and hoe? two pumps? and where/how did they mount?

I saw a loader from a medium sized tractor the other day forsale... wondering if it would be easy to modify one to fit the bolens... perhaps narrow it along with the bucket?

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well my grandpa's ht 23 has a loader and backhoe that runs off a pump mounted to the front pto here's a pic i'll post more in a few days.

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
In the back of my mind, I keep thinking that someday I will fab a duplicate of the Brantly backhoe. So I have collected pics of some with that in mind. Here are a few. With this particular example, I think that the mount has been modified, but I cannot say for sure. Brantly did use a subframe under the tractor to mount the backhoe, I have been told. It was not a 3-pt mount.

Doug

Attachments

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
Here are a few more pics of the Brantly backhoe.

Doug

Attachments

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
And the last of them. Don't know if there is enough detail to help or not.

Doug

Attachments

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That helps alot. I have put some serious thought into eventually fabbing up the new holland unit we have setting here. It was made to fit a new holland L-445 skid steer. It works great.. but the skid steer in DOA. Its a really heavy unit, but compact. I would have to find a way to drive it though... not sure what type of pump and pressure it would require. The out riggers... it thing thats what they are called just drop straight down independently. They stabilized the skid steer really well... but it had a huge weight advantage over the bolens. I will have to post pictures sometime of it... along with my tractor. I have it 90% finished now.. just haven't had time to post pictures.

·
5,523 Posts
Very nice HT-23 bolens101 were in MI do live if i may ask?

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
If you dont want to break your tractor build a sub frame...
I agree with that! In fact, I think that Brantly had a complete subframe under the tractor when both FEL and backhoe were supplied by them for the Bolens Large Frames.

Doug

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi, the yellow ht20 with the loader and backhoe was mine, I will look on my old computer to see if I have any close ups the rear.

It did have three seperate hydro systems, one for the loader, backhoe and then the tractor's.

The backhoe did I have a sub frame, I will look for pictures of it also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts