My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry everyone been away for long time dealing with sime personal matters and the big D lol but i am back in the suburban game again just bought a ss16 twin with the 16hp onan needs work but i should be able to make a real nice machine out of it does anyone happen to have an extra carb they would sell or know were to find a used one mine is gone, and cant find another. pics will be added hopefully tommorow

·
Registered
332 Posts
Welcome back!:MTF_wel2:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have and so far nothing as turned up i even went to a local guy who proabbly has 200 mowers/ tractors in a field and still nothing i do kinda hate to pull the onan since ill probably replace with smaller for now, but my plans fo include diesel later on when money is better

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,199 Posts
Glad you're back! Hope the tractors did not contribute to the divorce.

I would not get rid of an Onan- glad to see you decided to try and fix it up. They are great workhorses!

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
now just gotta find a dozer or snow plow blade, and maybe a turnign plow anyone near me have an extra they will part with?
Like the carb someone found for you, these items are out there. Try craigslist for a blade and plow. The front Sears blades are commonly known as dozer blades. You are most likely to find them with the following search combinations:

"Tractor Blade"..."Sears Tractor"..."Tractor Plow"..."Dozer Blade"..."Sears Suburban"...and so on. Run some of these through Craigslist on a daily basis, it's not a question of "if" but rather "when." Just be ready with the cash and a pickup or trailer. In fact, when I am really on the hunt for something, I do the search on Craigslist, then make that my home page until whatever I'm after comes along. I don't even have to remember to search, it just comes up every time I get on the interweb.

Others will come along with much more elaborate and effective search ideas...

:thThumbsU

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.