My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got rolling with the new grading box and york rake this weekend....what great tools...

At the end of the day yesterday I ended up with an odd problem...

the PTO height lever would drop w/o a touch or barely a touch and go all the way down the stop, thereby dropping the attachment to the ground.

Does this sounds like a looming problem or a lack of maintenance issue ??

Any input would be appreciated...

·
Native Texan
95 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
if it is the 3ph there should be a control knob somewhere for it. On my MF, its down b/w my feet. I can adjust it to slam down or come down so soft you dont feel it. You may have adjusted it and didn't know it....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got off the phone with Les at Messicks...what a monstrous help. Sounds like I need to do a little tightening on the 3pt lift handle nut/spring washers.

He also went over a boat load of other little questions I had.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if it is the 3ph there should be a control knob somewhere for it. On my MF, its down b/w my feet. I can adjust it to slam down or come down so soft you dont feel it. You may have adjusted it and didn't know it....
I've got to check that too...I have a little 9yo helper

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Allrighty...did a little chcking last night...

The adjustment knob...once I was able to get my fingers on it...was fine.

The spring washers were either already crushed or did not make a difference.

I think I'm gonna give Messicks a call today and change the tractor fluid.

The tractor is due for engine oil anyway and a filter cleaning.

·
Premium Member
8,304 Posts
Is it the 3 point control handle that's moving too easily? If so, then replacement spring washers should fix it.

If it's the 3 point hitch itself that's dropping too quickly when the control handle is only moved a small amount, then either the flow control valve isn't adjusted properly or something internal to the hydraulics isn't working properly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts