My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
While idleing even for an extented period of time runs fine but when I put a load on the bucket oil comes out the vent tube quite heavily. I have changed oil and filter and cleaned trans hydraulic filter and changed fluid,cleaned air breather and rad fluid and fuel Filter. No change, only leaks oil when under load, I am also looking for a service manual. Are there any filters I might be missing. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
DaleMac

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
Welcome aboard DaleMac.
1) Is the vent tube with the oil leak under load, in the valve cover?
2) If so, do you notice any smoke during operation?

If 1 & 2 are yes, my 1st swag is the oil level is over filled. What weight oil did you fill with?
2nd swag would be that the engine has high hrs and your experiencing piston ring blow by. You'll need to do a compression test to see if the rings are shot.
I don't know the specs but there may be some goof reading in this search thread.
http://mytractorforum.com/search.php?searchid=2045204

·
Registered
643 Posts
Are you sure that it's a vent tube, or is it possible it is a hydraulic return line that is broken off or disconnected??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome and info. Yes I believe it is a vent tube coming out of the cover. No I have not done a compression test, Have never done one on a desiel. I had been using 10w30, oil after this started and I changed oil I went with 15w40 for desiel. I have had a couple of people suggest compression. While I am out and about tomorrow, I will be going by a Kubota dealer,going to stop in and purchase a kubota brand oil filter and air filter and discuss my problem with them,hope they will give me some advice. I will let you know what they tell me. Thanks again for your prompt replies.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello again
Went to the dealer and they suggested it may be a gasket in the hydrualic unit.Today started dissasembly,removed rad,and attemped to take pully off but engine keeps truning over got to figure out how to stop it, so I can remove rest of bolts to remove cover. Any suggestions...Getting a real lesson on desiels.begining to think I might have to breakdown and take to dealer before it snows.. ouch!!! Thanks again for you help and advice.
Dale

·
Registered
515 Posts
Don't get frustrated. If you mean that the pulley keeps turning while loosening the bolts than there are a couple of solutions. You can take the starter off and wedge something like an oak block between the bell housing and the ring gear to stop the engine from rotating. Using an air impact wrench really help in what your doing. You'll get it figured out and when the project is over you will feel good for having conquered it yourself.:congrats:
Do you have a service manual for your tractor?
Good luck!
Chris

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
Hows it going? Cvans had some good suggestions. An impact wrench is your best bet but if one isn't available one needs to improvise and adapt (an old saying that was impressed upon me many moons ago :D )
Hopefully you're past the pulley holdup.
Let us know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello Finally got by the pully problem and removed the cover, sure enough the gasket was blown. Purchased a new gasket and have put it on but now having trouble getting the thing started. Going to bleed the fuel lines and try again. No I do not have a service manual for this tractor,but sure wouldn't mind getting a copy. Well if nothing esle I am getting to know my way around a desiel. Thanks for all you help. Dale

·
Registered
515 Posts
Glad to hear that you are working your way through this problem. On both of my diesels all I did was crack open the bleed port at the fuel filter on the engine, turn on the electric fuel pump until air quits coming out the bleed port. Them tighten it up again and start the engine. It will run rough for a little bit and them smooth out. The best part is that your hands will have that good diesel smell that women just love:thThumbsU
Let us know how it goes,
Chris

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
Good deal. This link, http://kubotabooks.com/AutoIndex/ has both the owners manual and parts manual for your rmodel.

re. bleeding the fuel system. Normally, it's a step by step project and it's always better if you've either got an electric fuel pump -or- the tank is higher than the engine so gravity can help, if not you'll need to crank the engine a few times.

Starting at the fuel filter, loosen it until theres a nice flow out of it then tighten it up.
Being careful not to run the starter no more than 15 - 20 secs at a time, crack the input fuel line on the injector pump while cranking and tighten back down before you quit cranking. Do this until the fuel has a somewhat steady flow and not spitting air.
Now do the same on each output line to the injectors.
Most times the engine will run after the 1st injector is bled.
Having a good battery and a battery charger is recommended :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello
Sorry it took so long to update been busy. Thanks for the link to the manuals they were a big help. Finally got the tractor going And it appear that the leak has been stopped. Only have abour 90% of power it used to have but I think it has someting to do with the fuel pump. May need adjusting. Thanks for all your help.
Dale

·
Registered
515 Posts
Either that or a fully operational hydraulic system is using 10% of the available power. Not unreasonable. Especially noticable on a lower HP engine.
Glad you got it fixed,
Chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts