My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen this stuff at HD bought some,haven't opened it up yet but any thoughts on this stuff?

Use it - not use it?

The video looks impressive,but so does a model on the cover of a magazine. Might not be as good as they make it out to be.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Oh - gas line antifreeze. Yeah, a little ethanol removes moisture if your tank sits too long, but really, our little GT tanks get filled and emptied often. No rust in a plastic tank.

Ethanol does boost octane, but overall reduces the mpg or per gallon efficiency of the system. Ethanol has a lower specific energy per volume than straight gasoline, which is why my car gets lower mileage in MA with 10 percent ethanol required by law, than in other states that sell straight gas.

Add in the oxidizers in winter, and it gets even lower mileage. And the modern cars do not need it - they burn clean with straight gas.

My opinion, another magic additive that is not worth the money. The packaging and hype costs more than the product.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Yep, Lot of that stuff is like Fishing Lures. , "Catches more fishermen then Fish":ROF:ROF:ROF :sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts