My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Woodland, WA.
I have a Kubota B2150 HST with front loader and rear tiller... The hydraulics work fine but I no longer have any power in transmission.. Will not climb a slight incline in mid range and really doesn't want to in low range.. I can not slip a tire in low range at 2500 turns... I have checked for the obvious,fluid level, exhaust, leak on suction side of pump and filter under the tractor. I am in a wheelchair so can't see everything.. I am wondering if there are any adjustments for this hydro or if there could be something I am overlooking... Can't afford a shop at this time... Any thoughts appreciated...

·
Registered
643 Posts
Don,

The only idea I can come up with is the possibility that hydraulic fluid needed to drive the hydrostat transmission is being diverted somewhere else. Does your loader valve have a fluid bypass? Is your tiller PTO driven, or does it use hydraulic fluid? I guess I would disconnect any external hydraulic systems and see if the hydrostat performs differently.

Ed Fulton

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
Welcome aboard Don Hereford.
I did some searching and couldn't find any online manuals for the B2150 but did find a parts manual for the B1750. Since they were made during the same yrs some they may share some simularaties. http://www.kubotabooks.com/AutoIndex/index.php?dir=&AutoIndex=ae28ea41f5f102320f32e2f24d44a4d8

If the B2150 is simular, the implements are driven off of a separate hydraulic pump and the HST has it's own integral to the unit. With this being the case it's understandable why the implements work fine whereas the HST doesn't. They do share the same fluid but work independantly of each other.

My 1st swag would be to make sure the brakes aren't grabbing and/or locked down in parking mode.
2nd swag would be to ensure that the driveline (shaft and universals) is operating properly and nothings is loose and/or stripped.
In normal operation will depressing the clutch disengage the drive? If so the clutch may need adjusting, if not disregard this suggestion.
When was the last time the fluid and filter was changed? The fluid can look and smell fine and still have all it's additives depleted enough to render it almost useless.
Your tractor may have 2 hydraulic filters, one for the implements and another mounted on the HST.
When operating does the HST make any unusual noises?
Good luck

·
Registered
643 Posts
Don,
The hydrostat on my G1900 became sluggish a little over a year ago. One observation I recall was that the hydraulic fluid on the transmission dipstick was full of tiny air bubbles. Turned out to be a suction leak at the hydrostat. This is a very simple check to make, just pull the transmission dipstick when the hydrostat is acting up, and have a look at the fluid on it. You stated that you checked for suction leaks, but air in the fluid is the best check to make (IMO). The indications of a leak at the pump suction can be very small.
Ed Fulton

1 - 4 of 4 Posts