My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
cutlassjim
186 Posts
You may also want to pull the 2 top deck belt covers, pull the deck blade drive belt off. check your spindles, (see if they spin freely, wobble up and down, side to side), I don't think there are any grease zerts on the factory spindles, but I have had a deck or 2 with them, grease as needed. you may want to replace both belts at this time, reassemble and mow away.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot I do need to tear it appart very tite stuffed must be rusted fast. We're do lift chains go. I be had a couple days off sp been getting time to do some work. Does anyone happen to have a pic thanks again

·
What happened?
638 Posts
You may also want to pull the 2 top deck belt covers, pull the deck blade drive belt off. check your spindles, (see if they spin freely, wobble up and down, side to side), I don't think there are any grease zerts on the factory spindles, but I have had a deck or 2 with them, grease as needed. you may want to replace both belts at this time, reassemble and mow away.
Yup,

What Jim said.

The grease fittings are not on there to lube the bearings BTW. The spindle bearings are sealed units.

The grease fittings were put there to keep unwanted liquids out when the spindle is filled with grease.

One can add their own grease fittings if desired.

I too have some that have them, and some that do not.

Also remember that if the blades happen to spin backward, just remove the belt and flip it around.

·
'Simple' MTF Member
4,426 Posts
Yup,
Also remember that if the blades happen to spin backward, just remove the belt and flip it around.
I sold a Landlord to a buddy who loved the machine until spring. He couldn't get it to cut grass very well, bought new blades, etc, and was ready to start push mowing again. I stopped over and got a chuckle out of his backwards belt, because i've done the same thing too :banghead3:trink39:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will try to keep belt direction strait. Thanks for the warning. Grease fittings are going on it. about to start working on it. As soon as I get the motivation. Brought the IR Titanium and my 3/8 Mac compact impact ratchet(The tool I use the most) home from work. Ib I Just saw a fill need in one corner near the discharge. Thats going to have wait for the lunch break tommorow.
I really appreciate it.

·
What happened?
638 Posts
I sold a Landlord to a buddy who loved the machine until spring. He couldn't get it to cut grass very well, bought new blades, etc, and was ready to start push mowing again. I stopped over and got a chuckle out of his backwards belt, because i've done the same thing too :banghead3:trink39:
How do I know this Josh????

Because the same thing happened to me a couple times when I inastall the mower on my Wonder Boy 575:thThumbsU:thThumbsU

·
cutlassjim
186 Posts
I think anyone who mows with these tractors has belted up backwards once or twice, or ten times. The other thing that happens is the main belt can break, but your still mowing with the center blade, if your running the cover, you cant tell the belt is broken. I did half my yard like that wondering why it was cutting like sh*t.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts