My Tractor Forum banner

B&S 26HP OHV ENGINE with LA125?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  frank st amand 
#1 ·
Hey All,

I've been searching around to find out if the BRIGGS AND STRATTON 26HP OHV ENGINE Model 445877-0130 can replace the LA125 that comes with the 21HP. Anybody happen to know?

I picked up the tractor with a bad motor, needs connecting rod and crankshaft. It appears that got in between the crank and connecting rod. Major scoring eventually led to the rod breaking up. I've order the parts but toying with the idea of upgrading to a bigger motor. I found the 26hp new for only $649

Thanks,
JTP

#4 ·
:thThumbsUAnother note to keep in mind, the transaxles in these 100 series will run out of pushing/pulling capability before you even begin to bog that 21hp and have the govener kick in. them high hp engines are just in there for marketing reasons, no matter how hard you run the tractor the engine will never be your problem, i found that out on my l118,
Good luck!

#6 ·
i would look at a used engine anything that 16 hp up with the same output shaft that not a expencive tractor to put big money in it even a single would work because it not going to make any more valuable as long as it works and CUT Grass

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.