My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of your MF12 mowing deck. When i purchased mine it was incomplete and partially disassembled so I need all the help I can get putting this puzzle back together again:fing20:

Thanks for every ones help!:thThumbsU

·
Red Tractor Fan
1,704 Posts
No problem, I can take some... I noticed today that there is a burn paint mark on my top shield for some reason some thing is rubbing, I will grab some photos when it's off. Anything that you are looking for?

FYI... Here is the post when I did the rebuild. Granted, I don't think there are any photos with it all put back together.
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=127618

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I am missing a belt tensioner spring and some linkage to engage the deck maybe.

When I bought my tractor it had a pto drive mounted under the engine... are there any pto driven mowing decks for the 12??

·
Red Tractor Fan
1,704 Posts
There is just the one deck for the 12 (well, to minor variations, but the same deck. The deck "PTO" is driven off the foot pedal on the right.

The tensioner is on the black flat stock in this photo. There is a spring that attaches to that upright bracket the 90 degree gar box bolts onto. There is also an idler pulley that mounts to the slotted hole on the other side of the deck.

Do you have the 90 degree gear box on the deck?

This is the back side of the gear box, but this is where the belt attaches. this belt is always tensioned. and the pedal on the right side of the tractor in engaged to start the deck.

·
Red Tractor Fan
1,704 Posts
Here is the spring you are missing (second on the right)

Here is a photo of the gear box

That's all I have for now, I want to pull the cover off tomorrow and see what's going on under there!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I need some spec's for the tension-er bar and mounting system. Mine was so rusty and fragile I couldn't tell what was what.
Anybody have the spring and or bar they are willing to part ways with??:thThumbsU

·
Red Tractor Fan
1,704 Posts
Ok, I have some photos and measurements for you.

First, the black metal bracket the tensioned idler pulley is mounted on. (the spring loaded one) The bracket is 8.25" x 1.25" and maybe .25" thick (or a little thinner) The end tab is bent up 1" high when measured from the bottom of the bracket to the top of the bend (not too critical though) The hole is a .25" for the spring. The center pivot tube is welded on and 1" tall from the bottom of the bracket (just make it high enough to fit your deck) and welded centered at 4.50" from the spring end. I forgot to measure the pin, but it should be 3/8". The stud is centered at 7.50" from the spring end and I think again 3/8" diameter. The bolt is 1.50" tall from the bottom.

Here are some photos I took when I had the deck apart. In hind sight, I think some lock tight on the key's and the pulley set screws are needed. Once again I had the pulleys loosen up and the key is what was rubbing my deck and burnt the paint. Earlier in the year, the key way fell out of the bottom pulley on the gear box. It's mostly a nuisance, but the burnt paint would soon be a hole cut in the deck shield. (Which, now that I say that, explains HOW a hole was in the old deck shield I bought on e-bay!)

PS, this bed-liner is AWESOME and is holding up great! I am so glad I had this done after it was sand-blasted

You can see the burn mark on the shield... I guess I will repaint it this fall when the plow goes back on. I had planned to shoot the outer edge of the deck around the bed liner anyways.

·
22,166 Posts
Excellent pics!! I'm saving this thread for future referrence.

Thanks.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the great photo's and information!!

If I can't finish this deck with this information I need to go back to Lego's!:thThumbsU:bananapow

1 - 10 of 10 Posts