My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of you have a suggestion on how I can find an axle for a 12HP, 36" Craftsman riding mower, Model 917.256320 I would appreciate it. The Sears part number for the axle is 121914X according to the parts manual that I have. I have severely damaged the original unit and since this unit is 15-19 years old Sears no longer sells any major parts for this model.
You can respond to this post or email me at [email protected]. Thanks for any info that can be provided.

Jim

·
Registered
590 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Thank you. I went to the site and ordered the part. I had searched all over the internet on Saturday and previously had gone to a mower junk yard type place in Indianapolis and was unable to find anything.
I'm so appreciative of your response and the ability of "mytractor.com" for providing a forum whereby we can assist one another.

Jim Boerger:
:thanku:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Your Welcome. I searched for a good bit as well, and that was the only one I could find. It may very well be that they are the last retailer carrying that discontinued part. I'm glad I could help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
man this part is hard to find, i got a rally rlt12r38a and the front axle was bent. i welded it up an it lasted for acouple years and now the metal is splitting at the end. i tried to order this part from my local dealer and cant get it, tried partsandservice.com, mowerpartsstore.com no dice. i guess i can fit an insert the tube in the axle and reweld it. any ideas where i can find one, does a junk yard for tractors exist, heh, heh it looks just like the above pic the rally number 121914x

·
Registered
517 Posts
does a junk yard for tractors exist
I created my own. :) Keep your eye on CL, old stuff shows up for cheap.

Buying just a couple of parts new can pay for a whole tractor...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts