My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to briefly profess my positive review on AWS with my X744. I've got three mowings under the belt and I've got it down where I can cut so close to the lawn and bed edges that I barely even need to weed whack anymore. It must save me at least 30 minutes and a bunch of walking around. It takes a little time getting adjusted to the feeling of all 4 wheels turning but once you start to predict it, it becomes second nature. No problems holding a straight line at all... Oh yeah, and this Yanmar diesel is crazy smooth -- only used about 1/4 tank of gas so far, will also be cheap to run. This upgrade from 400 to X744 is a huge step forward...

·
Premium Member
6,408 Posts
Adam.....Sounds sweet !

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am a little disappointed with the MCS bagger. It clogs up on my grass (especially when wet) just like my old Simplicity did, when I last tried bagging. The pulley spins but the belt drive looses traction. I managed to bag the lawn the first mow, when it was nice and dry. The manual dumper from Superior Tech is great, being able to empty the hopper without getting out of the seat is a real improvement from emptying bags. The last two times I've taken the bagger off, and went back to mulching into the yard, it's just much quicker. I need to get some more weight on the front, it gets very light on the hills, need to lean when going across them.

·
Super Moderator
16,678 Posts
Gator Or Predator Blades work great with the any of the Power flow systems Unless it super wet it won't clog up using gators and the MCS system:thThumbsU

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am a little disappointed with the MCS bagger. It clogs up on my grass (especially when wet) just like my old Simplicity did, when I last tried bagging. The pulley spins but the belt drive looses traction. I managed to bag the lawn the first mow, when it was nice and dry. The manual dumper from Superior Tech is great, being able to empty the hopper without getting out of the seat is a real improvement from emptying bags. The last two times I've taken the bagger off, and went back to mulching into the yard, it's just much quicker. I need to get some more weight on the front, it gets very light on the hills, need to lean when going across them.
That's awesome! I love my x748, but part of me wishes I got the x749.

Regarding bagging issues, have you though about mulching instead? It's better for your lawn (nitrogen and builds up organic matter) and is one less step to do.

·
Registered
370 Posts
NIce! You might want to start calling the 'go juice' Fuel instead of Gas to avoid a potential mental lapse and a misfuel situation. It happens :)

Enjoy your tractor!

Nick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts