My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night for the first time i took the U tube paprt on my 10550 to see how the ol boys doin'.as i broke the seal about a hand full of black liquid poured out of the little chamber.everything seemed to be clean as far as the main port and muffler tubes went.and when it came time to reseat the U tube i had a hard timetrying to get it to stay so i could put the cover back on.whats this black ooze about and is there any tricks to the DF exaust system?

·
Banned
2 Posts
its just a build up of oil and carbon ..Thats just part of the 2 stroke ...It depends on how much oil you use in your mix ..oil also separates this is why i shake the heck out of my mower before i fire it up it helps mix the fuel and it burns better

·
Registered
347 Posts
I've found that you should shake any fuel before pouring in to your tank and the fuel in the mower. It is good to do so as the fuel additives and oil separate in solution. Makes good sense.

Another thing I do is don't fill my tanks full. I only put a small amount a fuel in the tank so I always burn it all before putting the unit up. At the very least only leave enough to keep the carb primed fo next start up. This would hold true during mowing season, and it makes sense so that you can burn the fuel completely in a short period of time when storing your machine.

I just hate pulling a carb apart and having it smell like turpentine or varnish!

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its just a build up of oil and carbon ..Thats just part of the 2 stroke ...It depends on how much oil you use in your mix ..oil also separates this is why i shake the heck out of my mower before i fire it up it helps mix the fuel and it burns better
i always shake the crap out of the mower before i use it,and i use opti 2 which is a 88:1 mix.this must of took a long time for it to fill up like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts