My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
16,234 Posts
Thank you-forkz!
Some old memories there for me....several older wreckers--I saw a Weld -Built and an old Holmes. Some heavy -haulers and mixers, too. That's what they were built for--not real pretty--but real real strong. Noticed most of the older ones had the spoke-type wheels (Webb)--were a dog to get aligned to make them run straight.
Definately brute trucks...

glenn

·
forkz
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
barnhill contracting they do jobs all over had a bunch in the 60s 70s they used to haul their equipment i remember those long noses

·
16,234 Posts
barnhill contracting they do jobs all over had a bunch in the 60s 70s they used to haul their equipment i remember those long noses
That's funny you mention than company name...We were just down in Atlantic Beach N.C. last week---and on the way back ran into a big construction project on 70 near New Bern--traffic was inching, just inching...--so I was checking the equipment out (as always)--Barnhill was doing that job > Big dirt mover down that way, I understand=--

glenn

·
forkz
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea glen barnhill does jobs some of everywhere they do jobs in parts of virgina sc fl ga they have big job going on here they ues to have everything in tarboro offices shop equipment the moved to rocky mount nc 15 miles west we have a new tire plant coming and corningware glass is building a distribuition center barnhill has contract for both subs out a lot of work they have different divisions

1 - 6 of 6 Posts