My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all just thought I would post some pics of my auto rotisserie that I just finished up last weekend it should make life a lot EZer working on my 71 Torino Hard top resto.:trink39:

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
You're the man ! :fing32:

That should help allot with the restoration, wish I had one when I did my 72 Gran Torino Sport it would have life allot easier.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're the man !

That should help allot with the restoration, wish I had one when I did my 72 Gran Torino Sport it would have life allot easier.
72 Torino!! got any pics I am a Torino nut! Do you still have the car?

·
Super Moderator
31,893 Posts
Nice, and nice car!!! Ditto on the seeing the 72 also. My BIL at the time had one back in the late 70's Still remember the rush when that 351C came up in the revs!!!! Always liked the front bumber/grill setup on them also.

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
72 Torino!! got any pics I am a Torino nut! Do you still have the car?
No unfortunately I had it as a young man and never thought of taking pictures of it.

And it was the same one trim and all that was in the movie Gran Torino, my brother came out to see me right after it came out on DVD and said "hey someone stole you car !" and popped it in.

I was floored to see it in all it's ugly green glory (never did like the color or the nasty yellow fade decal YUCK).

Ingersol: It did have a 351 Cleavland and stock Dragpac T-6, dual ram air hood, magnum 500 wheels, and a 4.56 rear end It was fast for sure i used to race it for pink slips on Woodward Ave. and Telegraph Rd. all the time.

The one thing that really sticks in my memory is the huge rear window but because it was a fastback all you could see in the mirror was a tiny slit lol.

Wish I still had it I liked it allot and It would make a great cruiser, but the car I traded it for is still prowling the streets of Detroit with the guy I sold it to.

Young punks with their tuner cars fear the 71 Chevelle with the 396 V8 called Black and Blue.

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
Post pics of your ride man ...The one in my SIG is my 76 pro street race car project its a 76 Vega ...
OMG ! You little Jerk ! lol kidding.

I didn't think anyone else was that sick, we had a guy in the neighborhood who would shoe horn bigblocks into Vega's and Chevy Monza's, glad to see that the sickness hasn't been cured.

·
Banned
2 Posts
OMG ! You little Jerk ! lol kidding.

I didn't think anyone else was that sick, we had a guy in the neighborhood who would shoe horn bigblocks into Vega's and Chevy Monza's, glad to see that the sickness hasn't been cured.

lol mine is going to be a small block 406 ...But my buddy has a 74 with a 468 big block and its sick man ..Cant keep the front down and it eats slicks like mad ..As for the sickness lol its hard to cure i had a chevtte ..that we stuffed a 454 in ..car didnt last long but did it go like ****....I am a car freak anything to do with speed and old cars i love it ...I will have to send you some pics of some of the rides i had ....The only 2 i have now is the vega and my 75 GMC sprint /Elcamino

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
Nice, and nice car!!! Ditto on the seeing the 72 also. My BIL at the time had one back in the late 70's Still remember the rush when that 351C came up in the revs!!!! Always liked the front bumber/grill setup on them also.
Ahhhhh the oval egg crate grill.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is a sot of the car before I stripped it down I have alredy done a ton of metal repair work but I have a long way to go.

This is a budys 71 Hard top to give you an idea of what it looks like with the grill on.

·
life is good
1,048 Posts
wow that looks real good. :fing32:
I can only imagine how much easier it makes the restoration.

:trink39: here's to seeing the finished build.

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
Great Job. Rotisseries are awesome.

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
rotisserie , the best tool a man can buy or build. It helps to produce a more professional job. Its so easy on my old bones.
Good job.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts