My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought a 2 year old X750 with drive over deck. Looking at adding the auto connect to keep from having to lay down and connect the drive shaft. Anyone else have this feature?? Pros - Cons? Thanks in advance for the information!!!!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I have it on my X738 and my son has it on his X730. Both work as advertised. I’ve only had an issue once when I took the deck off in soft ground. They’re not flawless, but are a lot better than crawling under the tractor, which would tend to make me never want to take the deck off.

By the way, if you use your tractor for snow duty, the auto-connect is stowed up inside the frame on a hanger and needs to be connected BEFORE attaching the deck. Guess how I know.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I am still coming to terms with the auto-connect on my X750. Use the differential lock when driving up onto the deck. My deck was not even close to being level. Not sure what the previous owner was thinking. Or if it had even been adjusted. It helps.

I need to double-check the height of the auto-connect as it has not gone smoothly.

Seems I need to monkey with the spring loaded locks. Maybe if I do it enough times and slightly tweak adjustments, that will go better.

Beats grabbing a greasy driveshaft locking ring while trying to get a heavy deck in just the right place. And don't forget to grease that driveshaft. Harder to do under the tractor.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Having owned nearly every type of small JD, the new system with the belt drive is a huge improvement over the driveshaft models. Putting on a 60-inch deck on a 4x5 series is about as bad a job as there is. I wonder if the guys at JD ever had to do it? The auto-drive on feature seems like a great idea and I hope it works for you.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Got it on my X739. Highly recommend it. I use three small pieces of rubber drawer liner to keep it from sliding on garage floor when driving onto to deck. When it was new I had to adjust the height stop bolt a little, but after that it worked perfect. Usally once I have the front wheels over deck I will take a quick look underneath and check my side to side alignment before driving foward the rest of way and latching it in. Taking deck on and off goes quick and easy.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
By the way, if you use your tractor for snow duty, the auto-connect is stowed up inside the frame on a hanger and needs to be connected BEFORE attaching the deck. Guess how I know.
We don't do a lot of snow duty here in North Alabama, but I normally take the deck off twice a year doing maintenance on it!!!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found one on ebay at a very good price!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts