My Tractor Forum banner

August 2016 FMOM - ggsteve

6K views 35 replies 30 participants last post by  Ericjr16 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Name:

Steve (ggsteve), I am surprised and humbled, they must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel if they dredged me up!

February of '08

Member number:

What city, and state, do you live in?

West Townsend, MA

Are you married?

Yes, to the fabulous Dr. Tere for 25 wonderful years (34 total :side laugh).

If so, your wife's name and how many years you've been married?

See above, I would also change "wife" to "spouse" in this question, it's a brave new world!

Do you have any children?

Steven, just out of the Army, TJ the artist and my beautiful baby girl Kathleen.

Do you have any grandchildren?

NO! All of my kids are married, but I am WAY to young to be a grandfather.

What do you do to earn a living?

I’m a Science Teacher.

How old are you?

Too young to have grandchildren.

Military service?

I am proud to say that my wife Tere and son Steven have both served.

How did you come to join MTF?

I bought a new tractor and I didn't even know what a grease zerk was. I found MTF and everyone was so helpful and friendly how could I pass it up?

What are your favorite forums and why?

Well, I spend a lot of time in the John Deere Forum for obvious reasons, but I deliberately access MTF using the "Active Topics" tab, thus assuring I won't miss anything that might interest me. Truthfully, I don't even look at the forum names on the right side of the screen, but I'm a sucker for a curious thread title. One of my favorites was "Horicon, we have a problem".

What do you like most about MTF?

So many forums on any number of subjects have an undertone of negativity. Not true here. Everyone here is positive and helpful. That is amazing for such a large social media community.

Please list your tractors and/or equipment:

08 Craftsman Professional 24hp B&S ELS 42" deck 3 bin bagger Berco 44" blower & 48" blade OTC cab
68 JD 112H 47 deck 43 blade
69 JD 110H 37A blower 50 cart
71 JD 140H3 integral hitch 46" deck cozy cab
71 JD 140H1 80 Cart
72 JD 110 parts
78 JD 316K 49 blower
81 JD 317 Onan 54" 4-way blade weight box 46" deck
84 JD 214 39 deck 43 blade
86 JD 318 JB Sr. 3pt weight box
07 JD x748 48" deck 14 cuft powerflow bagger model 47 snow thrower custom frame squeezer 3ph, hard top cab
74 Concord (MTD) 990
12 cu. ft. poly cart, JD front dethatcher, plug aerator, drop spreader, box blade, 10" bottom plow, sweeper

Part of the collection:

What is your favorite tractor or piece of equipment and why?

I have a soft spot for my very first tractor, a Toro 212-5, but it is hard to conceive of a garden tractor more capable than my recently acquired Deere x748.

On the other hand, my Berco Northeast snow blower/Craftsman Pro combination has saved me the most physical labor over the past 7 years.

Is there a tractor or piece of equipment you'd love to own someday?

A '66 Corvette Roadster with a fuel injected 327, stock side exhaust, knock off rims, AM/FM radio and AC in Bridgeport Blue, but I'm not picky.

Tell us some of the tasks you use your tractors and/or equipment for?

Main uses are summer mowing of about an acre lawn and winter snow removal on a 600' driveway. Also, driveway repair, firewood processing and gardening on about 5 acres of woodlands. 4th of July tractor rides are important too.

Could you describe your property for us?

See above.

Most memorable tractor moment?

My Dad, before he passed, and I working in the back yard together.

Do you have any other hobbies or interests that you'd like to share with us?

Aside from the already mentioned gardening, Patriots season ticket holder, weather watcher, aquarist, golf, fishing.

What do the other people in your life think of your "tractor" hobby?

My wife just rolls her eyes but she and my kids are all enablers.

Text Font Logo Brand Banner

See less See more
#6 ·
Congratulations Steve! Great bio, and I love the sense of humor. I just went through all your fuzzy pictures on Photobucket. :hide: :sidelaugh
You have a large family. I think you will soon find out that you are not too young to be a grandfather. ;)

If you want a Vette, get it soon because "someday" doesn't always come around. Ask me how I know. :)

It's good to have you as a member on here. :thThumbsU

#10 ·
Congrats Steve. Great to learn more about you. Start searching for that Corvette.

#13 ·
Congratulations, Steve!!

Definitely NOT scraping the bottom of the barrel!!

#15 ·
1st ..congrats to you Steve well deserved, I been reading your post's for many years now
I also agree with you on this question
See above, I would also change "wife" to "spouse" in this question, it's a brave new world!

got to be politicly correct nowadays
I don't need to but for others,
I have a beautiful wife ,
o.k. I must stop before I get in trouble
again congrats to you

#17 ·
Thanks for the kind words everyone! I truly have no words to describe my gratitude. Sorry I haven't responded sooner, but I've been mostly off the grid on vacation in Acadia this week.

#21 ·
Acadia is my favorite place in the world, beautiful and accessible. The fishing up here is pretty good too.

#22 ·
Congrats, Steve... that's quite a bunch you have there - both tractors and family!
:sidelaugh

#23 ·
Congrats Steve. :fing32:

#25 ·
Congratulations Steve! don't say the bottom.. when u see my name just think they wore thro the bottom & r diggin up the dirt under it.. lol

it's a great life ya have.. keep up the good work..

BTW:.. when u get great grands.. u may catch up with me..... wait.. by then I'll have the great great great kind..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.