My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

My buddy is doing some experimenting with hooking up another brand thrower on the front of his F725. He says it looks like its spinning the auger too fast for the setup he has concocted. He asked if I knew the speed mine turns on my 345 but I don't have it mounted this year..yet. (With this warm weather doubt I get to use the blade much either.......)

Anybody know the RPM's of the auger on a single stage?

Thanks!
dave

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,864 Posts
On our old Model 36 (single stage), the manual says the augur speed is 715 rpm with the engine at 3800 rpm.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey all, THANKS!

I dropped by his house today and we cranked his F725 up. 1750 RPM's!! on the auger shaft. He is going to change a pulley and slow that monster down!

It really is quite a neat thing he has done. He found an older Ford thrower for sale in a guys yard for $50. He has spent another $50 on square tube steel and made a very substantial frame to hold it. Hyd lift standard and he borrowed the gear box from the mower, 4 bolts. Looks like it will be just fine once he makes the change. Will keep you posted. Told him when he gets it done and frame painted I want to post some pics here for you guys.

He's has a good mechanical mind. He and I have been partners for 17 years on a Piper 260 Comanche . We have a great partnership as we are both very anal about the maintenance on our bird too. Heck, the thing is 47 years old, we gotta be!

Dave

·
Diesel Power
5,340 Posts
Told him when he gets it done and frame painted I want to post some pics here for you guys.
We have a great partnership as we are both very anal about the maintenance on our bird too. Heck, the thing is 47 years old, we gotta be!
Dave
Would like to see those pics, thanks for the offer. WRT the 47 year old Piper, heck yes if my butt was that high in the air on an almost 50 year old machine, I'd be anal about maintenance too . :trink39:

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
rubber paddles on the SS throwers make them unclogable!

they appear to help the throw too but I have not had enough snow to test that part or get any video yet, we have however, had enough slush to test the unclogability of the rubber flaps!

nothing short of amazing in my experience!

·
Registered
404 Posts

they appear to help the throw too but I have not had enough snow to test that part or get any video yet, we have however, had enough slush to test the unclogability of the rubber flaps!

I wonder if the combo would make a sweet blower

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,864 Posts

MXZRXP, any chance you could get us some links to a thread or two that shows/explains how to do this? :thanku::thanku:

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.