My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Locking hubs

Bought this tractor site unseen at an online auction. It was being sold as an 8N but obviously it is not! I figured the wheels and tires were worth the auction price of $200.
Upon closer inspection this turned out to be a 1959 Workmaster 601. She sat just like you see her in the elements for who knows how many years. After getting her home it was discovered the motor was locked up. Before the final dismantle and salvage for parts I opted to try the Marvel Mystery Oil trick & what do you know, it worked! Looking for a hood & gas tank now, evidently someone scavenged the one off this baby. This just proves there are bargains to found out there and a little patience & time can yield great results.

·
Premium Member
9,344 Posts
Congratulations. Keep us updated on your progress, and include lots of pictures.

Dennis Carpenter sells new replacement sheet metal parts:

Link to sheet metal parts on Dennis Carpenter web site

His 601 series hoods appear to be out of stock at the moment, but call them and see when they might expect to get more. They are a bit pricey, but they are very good quality. Your only other option is to search the salvage yards.

Reactions: cjet69

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Nice find! Congratulations.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts