My Tractor Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Something that I can use with this. Box Blade, Self powered bush hog, rear blade scraper for drive leveling, etc.
looks like you could use an engine as well (LOL)

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
good affordable sleeve hitch attachments... any type!!! You see a lot of Cat 0 attachments, but unless you have an older GT or newer "high end" GT you don't have that. Something for the entry/mid level GTs.

I'd personally like to see a sleeve hitch aerator/dethatcher as I have to cross pavement to get from one side of my property to the other and it's a pain to get the aerator over to the other side (un-weight it, un-hook it...)

mid mount grader blade....

of course they would have to be able to be assembled/dis-assembled for shipping, but better quality than what lowes/hd offers...
see they reclassed the power equiptment

ridding mower, lawn tractor, yard tractors, garden tractor(sleeve hitch) sub-compact Garden tractor(cat o) compact tractor, tractor the only problem is not all the companies do it the same

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
if you could make some lower lift arms for a sears 3pt that have bends in them to make it a true cat. 0, maybe hydraulic lift, that would be cool too

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
A front mount bush hog type mower or front mount sickle mower. The sickle mower would probably require less horse power and a "cow catcher" type splitter would divide the grass or whatever away from the mower. This would, in effect, windrow successive passes. An estate rake gets us closer to having our own hay. Now how to build an inexpensive small baler, hmmm?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Thanks mrcaptainbob , Rogue can you tell me the point of this thread ? Are you going to do anything with these ideas or are you just looking for activity in your sponsor column ?

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,261 Posts
if you could make some lower lift arms for a sears 3pt that have bends in them to make it a true cat. 0, maybe hydraulic lift, that would be cool too
:ditto:

·
Registered
5 Posts
In the realm of wish lists....

What about a string trimmer holder for my garden tractor, so that when I am getting seat time I can also mow up close to the trees and concrete walls, and even mow the nearby slope that’s about a 45 degree angle with 5’ height
Maybe even power it from the tractor engine, either through electric, hydraulic or mechanical.

How about a frame that attaches to the Lawn/Garden tractor and allows a generator head to be driven from the engine? It might burn more fuel, but it could work when the power is out. This could be the same sort of frame that accommodates a hydraulic pack instead.

Some have suggested a Universal FEL for Lawn/Garden tractors. I agree, but you might need to add a fifth (swivel) wheel (or 2 sled runners) to manage the extra front loads when you have a weak front axle.

To the OP, for the 3ph
1) How about a way of holding a spare fuel tank (5 to 50 gallons) and some tools onto the frame of an existing scraper blade already attached to the 3ph, when a big storm hits for snow removal and the gas stations are closed in town, or simply tools are needed. It would add rear weight and traction, as well as help with a storage problem. A universal mounting bracket would be part of the system.

2) What about a bulk hauler for the rear, that you quick disconnect, fill it with the FEL, and then quickly re-connect. or it could be a 3ph attachment that holds 2,000+ lbs of bulk material. (load limit based on MFG spec for tractor) It might not seem like a lot, but it would make for fewer carries than just the FEL alone, and be a cheaper self contained alternative.
Added feature would be self dumping by 1) trip a lever and lifting it to the highest elevation, or 2) auto dump above x (adjustable) elevation height

Or this could be an attachment system for an existing wagon/trailer so that the tractor driver can attach/detach the wagon/trailer from the seat. The 3ph acts as a power drive knuckle coupler (or hitch ball). The system includes a way to keep the trailer tongue at the correct height for the next coupling. This mitigates a major headache of connection, or lost time (off the seat).

3) Front Mount 3ph
There are times when it is easier to push attachments than to pull, or to drive without craning your neck in reverse. I have seen this for large 150hp+ tractors, why not for the CUTs, SubCUTs and maybe Lawn/Garden? This might be just the 3ph w/ or w/o power takeoff.
For the smaller Lawn/Garden tractors, would this be easier to take power off via the belt drive to the front versus a belt drive to the rear? Or maybe a way to convert the belt into a shaft drive?

·
Rogue Fabrication
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Thanks mrcaptainbob , Rogue can you tell me the point of this thread ? Are you going to do anything with these ideas or are you just looking for activity in your sponsor column ?
Point of the thread??
Wishes!!
What do you wish for??
I'm surprised that stuff like a trebushay, time-warp attachment, six shooter holster, and a wife-mute button didn't come up....!!

Some great ideas though, I just want to see what you are thinking.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Point of the thread??
Wishes!!
What do you wish for??
I'm surprised that stuff like a trebushay, time-warp attachment, six shooter holster, and a wife-mute button didn't come up....!!

Some great ideas though, I just want to see what you are thinking.
OK I will take a new radius ,ulna,anterior cruciate ligament, RH index finger , L3-L4 disc and L4-L5 disc. That should do it .

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I m sure I m not all alone in wishing someone would mfg. the rear weight box or a suit case rack that would fit the rear of a JD 140 at a reasonable price . I have seen a rear bracket offered on youtube but the maker/seller wants $119.00 plus shipping for that price I d expect a weight box not just a rack . Perhaps I dont know that cost of a rack.

·
Norman Paterson
52 Posts
Hi, I made one for my sears tractor out of 12 gauge steel, mounts with two bolts on the back (optional) the real weight bearer are two chains that mount from the frame to the back of the weight box. Do a search for weight box in this forum and you'll see pictures. I've been using it this winter, its full of sandbags. I actually cut out a template for another one I hoped to sell, if you can provide me a photo of the rear mounting plate on the JD 140 and give me the max width you want it, I can make it for you. You can email me at [email protected]
Cheers!

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
just to bump this thread, would it be possible for Rogue to mass produce (to an extent) some of the more practical wishes on here?

·
Rogue Fabrication
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
just to bump this thread, would it be possible for Rogue to mass produce (to an extent) some of the more practical wishes on here?
Sure thing
all I got to see is some interest

We have been busy the last few months updating machinery

.....and are developing an awesome mini grapple for the little guys, at an affordable price

·
Registered
69 Posts
How about a simple 2" square tube tool bar for brinly hitches. Then us GT guy could go to agri supply and order individual parts to create hilliers, cultivators, rahkes, etc. Other hardware like pre-drilled plates for component attachment so square U bolts would not be needed would be helpful. This would be an easy product to make when you are looking to keep the guys busy or give an apprentice something to do. Material is cheap. You can send me one for the idea.

Jocko

·
Registered
150 Posts
i want a pull type tandem disk. with electric lift... since i have a st 16 sears and no hyd.s. and a pull type scraper or dirt pan. whichever you call it. i know this has been done. but i dont have the time or place to build them. i know the pull type tandem disk is catching on with food plots and atv's UTvs but they are 2500- 3000 dollar range also. the self powered bush hog would be awesome too. 23 10.50 12 rice tires would be sweet.

·
Citizen of Earth
15,291 Posts
Sickle bar mower was already mentioned, but I'll add my wish for one to the list.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts