My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
I'll throw in a FEL for GTs too... something like Kwik way, Johnson, or P.F. Engineering.... a universal FEL...
i would LOVE it if Rogue Fab. made replica Sears loaders

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
What about a tractor driven brush hog for the GTs?
I mean, we have self powered brushhogs. But that waists fuel. Running 2 engine at the same time. using one engine is better then using 2.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
How about the hard to find or non existant parts for older GTs. Adapter kits for the more popular repowers, ie Clutch pivot for sears suburban to chinese honda, pulley shims to get the 1 1/8 bore down to 1. Reproduction PTO shafts with the corect splines. Adapters for Gravely walk behind repowers. Spindle shafts that are NLA from the manufacturer. Front Axle upgrades, we send you the axles, you upgrade them. Steering sector reproductions. Power steering upgrades. Reproduction top links for 3ph. Wheel adapters.

Disclaimer: I am not a machinest or welder, these all sound like doable jobs to me.

·
Plowboy
91 Posts
What about a tractor driven brush hog for the GTs?
I mean, we have self powered brushhogs. But that waists fuel. Running 2 engine at the same time. using one engine is better then using 2.
Craftsman Kid. I built a tow behind bush hog out of a snapper deck and an 11 hp briggs. I have used it very much. It will mow all day on 2 gallons of gas. It really is a bush hog It will mow weeds and brush that you cant see over. having its own engine allows more power to be transferred to the blade without robbing from the tractor itself. I can post some pics if you would like to see. The only weak link is the belt.

·
Just Have a Little Faith!
9,271 Posts
How about a three point hitch for those tractors that don't come with it? It could possibly be operated by a lift cable like the Wheel Horses have

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
540 rear PTO for different GT's - like a 318 JD

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
CAT 0 quick hitch.

imatch.jpg

·
-
1,829 Posts
Backhoe (towable or attached to tractor) or universal FEL (i.e. fits many different tractors - opens up the market for it and helps it keep it's value).

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Powered land plane, not three point device but something about 4' wide would be great.

Trencher, self powered, that would get down at least 3' and allow putting in 4" pipe.

Vibra-shank type subsoiler that actually works and would get down at least 16".

Adapter kit for the Vibra-shank that would allow laying wire or flexible pipe up to 3/4" or so.

Mike

·
Registered
325 Posts
I am voting for anything Cat 0. I have that old Speedex and the only thing I have for it is a hitch. A Cat 0 quick connect would be awesome, as well as a plow.

Something cheaper to manufacture (thus easier to sell) is an implement bar like Speedex used to have. Just a straight piece of metal that you can bolt stuff to like plows, etc. If you have a bar you can put the plow where you want it.

I'd also love to see belly implements for my old Speedex. Like a blade, but it has to be kinda small to fit under there.

·
Registered
301 Posts
71MF12HS id like to see some pictures of your bush hog you built as i have the same ideal so i can keep the field behind my house clear.

how about a concrete mixer for a GT, or a stump grinder, or a rail road or bridge tie mover.

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Sickle bar mower for a GT (Powered off the GT's engine) A front mount brush hog that is powered off the GT's engine.

·
THE TRACTOR HUNTER
2,225 Posts
I know this an older thread, but I think a 2" receiver mounted pig pole / boom Pole would be great for our little GT's. Not sure if anyone has said anything about it earlier or not.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts