My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Make Smoke, Boil Water!
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My wife is finally home from the hospital after being in two weeks for spinal stenosis*. While she was in hospital, I did several modifications to the house to prepare for her homecoming. She still has several weeks of recovery ahead, and my special thanks to all of you who choose to remember her as you kneel in front of the Lord.

Our house presented a fairly typical challenge as it was designed and built in 1990, with that-era plumbing fixtures and access; it also has a couple steps down to the living room, and to the garage from inside. Our bed also had to be modified, by lowering it some three inches.

I've posted an article over in the Working Area about these modifications.

And the funny thing is, I find myself relying on them now. For instance, it's kind of a nice feeling to have a grab bar in the shower as I'm turning around with soap in my eyes...

Hope you find the article useful.

*Spinal Stenosis: a narrowing of the channels through which the nerves run. In my wife's case it was the nerves to her legs.

·
Make Smoke, Boil Water!
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh for Pete's sake... Hate it when this kind of thing happens.

I copied the URL from the Working Area - the error you got makes it look like I can't send you directly there. Can I just ask you to go over to the Working Area?

·
Administrator
12,192 Posts
The message I get;

"Your administrator has required a password to access this forum. Please enter this password now.
Note: This requires cookies!"
The more I think about it, the Working Area is for the guys putting a Tech Exchange Article together. When they finish it, it'll be published in the open Tech Exchange article areas.

·
Make Smoke, Boil Water!
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Meanwhile, here's a workaround. I have the article published in my blog:

GO HERE

·
Make Smoke, Boil Water!
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mods, the article looks good to go. Please feel free to publish if you see no objection.

:thanku:

(Does this mean my Tech Exchange medallion gets upgraded?)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts