My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally tried the Arnold mufflers on my GT18 motor... Quieter at idle than the factory ones, but louder at high throttle... I think i will may the stack fit the tractor better. It is much quieter and looks cool. Gotta make some reinforcements for it.
0822101722.jpg

0822101722a.jpg

0822101723.jpg

really easy to install in case anyone wants to know- (2) 1" x 4" pipes, (2) 1" 90 degree elbows, (1) 1" x 3" pipe and (1) 1" by 5" pipe and (2) M 111 arnold mufflers.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am gonna go with the stack again, instead of the arnold mufflers. Here is a really crappy drawing of the old stack setup and the new stack setup. I don't have cad and all those fancy Schmancy tool so be kind...

Click to view VVV
View attachment stack.PDF

The reason for redesign is the lift handle for my snow blower and my mid mount grader/rake would hit my muffler when they were lowered. So i plan to relocate the stack to the front of the hood (muffler opening) so it clears everything and looks better. Then I will reinforce it to the motor by where the belt/pulley cover attaches to the block to stabilize it. I can't wait to see it :)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
the stack will look fine i think the tractor would look better with the stack anyways the design you got will be fine i dont see any flaws in it

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the stack on it before but with a different hood, I plan on cutting a notch in the screen on the right side of the hood to allow the outpipe going to the stack.

so like it is in this picture, but coming out the front corner of the hood instead of the middle
IMG_1514.jpg

·
Registered
933 Posts
I finally tried the Arnold mufflers on my GT18 motor... Quieter at idle than the factory ones, but louder at high throttle... I think i will may the stack fit the tractor better. It is much quieter and looks cool. Gotta make some reinforcements for it.
View attachment 117806

View attachment 117807

View attachment 117808

really easy to install in case anyone wants to know- (2) 1" x 4" pipes, (2) 1" 90 degree elbows, (1) 1" x 3" pipe and (1) 1" by 5" pipe and (2) M 111 arnold mufflers.
Have you run it much with this configuration? Just wondering about the paint burning off your hood.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you run it much with this configuration? Just wondering about the paint burning off your hood.
The original mufflers were the same configuration, and they didn't burn the paint- just made the hood black from the exhaust.
IMG_1444.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So here it is!! I just have to get a piece of flex pipe so i can connect the front and rear cylinders together. I tried a piece of pipe, and could not get the thing straight enough to get it fully on. So i figure flex pipe will work ok. Realistically, dual stacks would be cool too, but i would have to make the muffler base higher than the hood so my lift arms for mid mount and blower will not hit it.
0823102118c.jpg

0824100721.jpg

0824100721a.jpg

0824100722.jpg

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
looks awesome!!! how does it sound?

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
looks good im glad you like it

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
So here it is!! I just have to get a piece of flex pipe so i can connect the front and rear cylinders together. I tried a piece of pipe, and could not get the thing straight enough to get it fully on. So i figure flex pipe will work ok. Realistically, dual stacks would be cool too, but i would have to make the muffler base higher than the hood so my lift arms for mid mount and blower will not hit it.
View attachment 118028

View attachment 118029

View attachment 118030

View attachment 118031
Looks sweet man!!! Thanks for posting the specs too. Really nice job!!!!!!! :trink39:

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks sweet man!!! Thanks for posting the specs too. Really nice job!!!!!!! :trink39:
In the end, i used slightly different variation on the pipes. But really close to my crappy drawings.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks Cool !
Thanks! I will take better pictures soon, but its been raining for almost 4 days now.... Luckily i seeded and fertilized the day before it rained. Couldn't have planned that any better :)

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
0823102119.jpg

0823102119a.jpg

0823102119c.jpg

Here are a couple more shots from the side and front to show you where the pipe comes out of the hood. I hated cutting the grate on the hood, but it looks good there, and is out of the way of my attachments.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
old thread that I found when my neighbour said he needed muffler(s) for his cas 448. Found some online at $300 a pop US$ each. So in Canada he would be looking at $1000 CDN. I will show him pictures of the arnold option.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts