My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
W5CPT
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to go with Arm End attachments rather than any of the 3 Quick Hitches available. This decision is driven mostly by the comments I read about the spacing on all three available units presenting problems with some attachments. I have found the following two. If there are any others I would appreciate knowing about them also. The first is the:

EZ-Hitch (http://carterandsonsllc.com/index.html) @ $90 + $10 shipping = $100

This is a manual model that requires I slide a pin & locking clip into the hooks after hook up. Since I have to get off the tractor to connect the top link anyway, I don’t think it is a big deal. Price ends up about what Harbor Freight gets for their hitch after you get all the adapters. This one seems to add the least to the length of the arms which means less problems with the PTO driveshaft adjustment.

Or

Pat’s Easy Change (https://www.imcuniverse.com/store/easychange.htm) and (http://www.greenwellmfg.com/) @ $180 + $10 shipping = $190

The Easy Change looks like the locking hooks off the HF & TS quick hitches. Two apparent problems surface with this one. It adds a significant length (4”) to the arms. In my case this is a non-problem as I do not have any PTO driven rear attachments yet. The other is the requirement to have 4” of straight section on the end of the arms (which my 2305 does NOT have) but the other forum (TBN) contributors don’t seem to have any issues with situation. The price on this one ends up about what TS wants for their quick hitch.

So, I am looking for comments, positive and negative and any other suggestions anyone might have.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Problem is, there is no standard. bah.
I got an Easy Hitch and it works fine with one of the implements, but not the rear blade. Bah again.

·
W5CPT
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Problem is, there is no standard. bah.
I got an Easy Hitch and it works fine with one of the implements, but not the rear blade. Bah again.
Kinda confused here -

1 Do you have an EZ-Hitch or an Easy Change ?
2 What doesn't fit what?

The width of the implement not matching the width of the hitch can't be a problem as the arms are adjustable narrow to wide. Is it the pin diameter?

I really don't want to spend $100 only to swap problems.

Thanks,

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
Clint,
I have the EZ-Hitch. It is well made and serves its purpose. It adds height, not length, as the "hitches" reside above the holes on the lift arms. I would highly recommend buying or fabbing the spreader bar which is available on the Carter website. My biggest gripe is the arms don't stay fixed when backing up to the attachment. If I swapped attachments more often I would buy one, but I am too cheap right now. Good Luck and let us know what you buy and how it works for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts