My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying an Ariens yt11 tractor. The guy says it runs good but it needs a rearend (not sure if that is the correct terminology). Are the parts still available for these? And is this an expensive fix (more than $150.00-$200.00)? Thanks for any info.

·
Electrician
937 Posts
I own two of these machines and have repaired the gear transaxles myself. The part numbers are available on the ariens web site, click on "parts radar" then you can go to any ariens dealer to order. I order all my ariens parts online at Jacks Small Engines and get super good turnaround time. Not sure if yours is a hydro or gear but the gear one is easy enough to repair. It is usually just a sheared half moon key on one of internal shafts or sometimes a broken axle end. The gear transaxle was made by "foote" and the factory burned down a few years ago but the parts must still be made somewhere else, not sure. good luck, reply back with anymore questions

·
Registered
709 Posts
thanx for the info glad i read this before posting question myself i traded labor on wheel horse in exchange for yt-11 got it running only to find the trans slipping. i may just pull it apart and see what i can break oops i mean fix yeah thats it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts