My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well over the weekend I got talked into buying a Ariens S-14H. I know nothing about these tractors except that my name is Aaron and I thought it would be cool to own a Ariens. So anyway, it's in ruff shape. The fenders are trashed. One of the previous owners replaced the ignition switch with the wrong one and fried it, so I need a new one. Anyone know the NAPA part number? The brake pedal is frozen. The guy I bought it from put another coil on it, used another gas tank and hot wired it and drove it around the yard. He said it ran great but we'll see about that. It came with plastic wheel weights, chains, a deck, 3pt lift, and a 54" snowplow. I ended up buying it for $350. I hope I got a good deal. I'll get pics up soon.

AJ

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got some work work done on the S-14 this weekend. I started freeing up the hydro controls and the brake pedals. Hydro controls are nice and smooth now but the brakes are still being a turd. I bought a new key switch and solenoid for it hoping it would get the engine rolling but there appears to be some other electrical gremlins lurking in it. I ended up doing a very basic wiring job on it just to get it running. I haven't started it yet, but I have spark so it shouldn't be a problem getting it to run after I put some gas in it. I'm hoping to be able to take it to a plowday this coming weekend. The top link for the hitch is missing so I;m going to have to buy a new one at the local farm store. I just hope it works. I know I can't use standard top links on my Cub Cadet 982 being that they are too long. Hopefully this is different.

Anyone have a clue what serial number they started out at? The serial number on this one is 001015. It has to be pretty early.

AJ

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Well over the weekend I got talked into buying a Ariens S-14H. I know nothing about these tractors except that my name is Aaron and I thought it would be cool to own a Ariens. So anyway, it's in ruff shape. The fenders are trashed. One of the previous owners replaced the ignition switch with the wrong one and fried it, so I need a new one. Anyone know the NAPA part number? The brake pedal is frozen. The guy I bought it from put another coil on it, used another gas tank and hot wired it and drove it around the yard. He said it ran great but we'll see about that. It came with plastic wheel weights, chains, a deck, 3pt lift, and a 54" snowplow. I ended up buying it for $350. I hope I got a good deal. I'll get pics up soon.

AJ
I'd say you got a fair deal . Once you get it running and work it you'll probably feel the same .

Mike

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I got it running tonight. Hydraulics work. The big problem now is that neutral is nowhere close to being neutral. This might take some work to fix. We'll see. I just printed out the pages from the repair manual to help. Hopefully it's not too messed up. I plan on plowing with it Saturday.

AJ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts