My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tec 5.5 died on my Ariens LM21. I told my wife that we would need a new engine for it which would cost 200+, she said we could buy a new lawnmower for that. Right, but it won't have the $400 deck the Ariens has, so now I am attempting to put a kaw FC150v in place of the tec. Everything was going smoothly until I noticed the grooved shaft on the tec while the kaw shaft is smooth with a notch near the top. I checked the serial # on the kaw and came from a John Deere JX75. Would JD adapter work on this swap? Picture 1 is Tec, 2 is shaft and adapter for Tec, 3 is kaw, 4 is shaft for kaw with showing notch.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I would try it. The deck depth may be close. You would just need the Deere blade.

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
first try the grooved blade adaptor and if it dosnt work -you will need the smooth version. part#01178100. this # has been changed to a new one and dont know it. the kawi will fit as i did this swap on an ariens also. the ariens should only be used with the ariens blade. the deck and blade are desighned to go together. a snapper blade adaptor will also work and the ariens blade bolts up to it fine but its best to go stock whenever possiable. this is the key to conversions in my book. use as many stock parts as possiable. the kawi turns the ariens into a very capable preformer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts