My Tractor Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just wondering. Greenenvy why do you have the ramps on both side of your mower deck? You know the original ramps for these decks are nothing more than a piece steal with a slight bind about 3' from the end 1/4" thick 3" wide about 15" long with a pin in each to fit holes in the deck. Just a little info in case you didn't know.
By the way I Like your tractor I been wanting a GT 20 Like that for a long time to go with my older GT14/18.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Just wondering. Greenenvy why do you have the ramps on both side of your mower deck? You know the original ramps for these decks are nothing more than a piece steal with a slight bind about 3' from the end 1/4" thick 3" wide about 15" long with a pin in each to fit holes in the deck. Just a little info in case you didn't know.
By the way I Like your tractor I been wanting a GT 20 Like that for a long time to go with my older GT14/18.
Not sure exactly what you are referring to. Is it the skid shoes on the outer front corners?:dunno:
And thanks I really enjoy the GT20 :thThumbsU

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know you are using the 2x6 as a ramp to get up over the deck. But I just wondered why the black ramps on the front side. Does driving up on the black ramps make putting the deck driveshaft easier?
What size are those atv tires? I look at getting some once but I bought the ag tires. Do you think they have better traction than the ag tites?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Oh those ramps. That pic is from last year and that was the first time I removed the deck. Since then I've learned how to do it with just the 2 x 6 planks. Also works much easier if the deck is on the lawn instead of concrete / pavement.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Time for some pics from you other Ariens owners! Used the 3 pt hitch and homemade triangle hitch to pull a broken clothesline pole and concrete out of the ground today. Forgot pics though...sorry.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Only remembered to take a pic on the 3rd and smallest trip hauling flagstone from my neighbours to my yard for one of the wife's flower beds. Oh and my tiny garden behind it too.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm a new Ariens tractor owner, and I'll be posting a few annoying questions in the future. Looks like I'll be trying to fab up my own dozer blade, because there just aren't any Ariens parts to be found near me. Lot's of Ariens snowblowers, though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There is Ariens snow/dozer blade for GT on ebay but i bet shipping would be pretty high. Seen a new listing today a Grand Sierra with kwikway loader and backhoe think it is in Georgia

·
Hawaiian Hobby Farmer
51 Posts
I just saw this Ariens thread. I have one and do not know how to ID it properly. Bought it at a friends moving yard sale with a few other items for 400$. It did not run, he said a blown plug- stripped out. I have a helicoil set for it, and the seat needs to be reattached, but it looks to be a great looking tractor. I have mostly Craftsman tractors, so I don't know much about this one at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
IMG_0605.JPG IMG_0606.JPG IMG_0608.JPG

·
Hawaiian Hobby Farmer
51 Posts
It has a QR Code on the machine and when I went to get a photo, my phone opened the B&S website for the engine model number of 331977-0004-G1 Found a parts list and an owners Manual DL for it!
33 = Cubic Inches but still not sure about HP- nothing about it in the literature. Maybe it's somewhere on the motor as a sticker.
1 = Basic design series 9 = Vertical Shaft 7 = Plain Bearing, Pressure Lubrication 7 = Electric Starter 12v or 24v Gear drive with Alternator
Not sure what the G1 stands for, wasn't able to find that on any of the sites.

Yes, it has a single cylinder vertical shaft. And I will get a side shot photo in the morning. Thanks!
IMG_0607.JPG

·
Hawaiian Hobby Farmer
51 Posts
Found a label that states 21 HP, interesting that B&S doesn't list is in their tech info. When I got this machine, I was told that it blew out a spark plug, I do have a helicoil kit to repair it though a new head probably wouldn't be that expensive or hard to get. Here are the side shots. LEFT side only due to cramped quarters.
IMG_0609.JPG IMG_0610.JPG

·
Hawaiian Hobby Farmer
51 Posts
Interesting in deed. Can not find anything that looks like it. I was thinking maybe Sierra but things just don't match.
I have done a bit of research on the model number 960460 and it seems to translate in the Arien website to 963073 so I downloaded the manual. On the Front, it shows "Automatic Tractor" Such a creative name.
Maybe I'll just name it myself!🚜
Ariens page1.png

41 - 55 of 55 Posts