My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I looked @ your other post my manual list a 42 tiller for my GS and also needs a 0 point to connect. Interested how that one connects.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
This one just hangs on the bottom 3pt mount points and then the top hooks directly to the top mount on the tractor. It runs off a pulley mounted to the pto shaft. I'll take some better pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi Guys.Dave Hear.The Must Be Less Frost In Nova Scota Then PEI.My Garden Is Not Ready To Till Yet.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Frost is gone from the spot where my garden is going. It sees sun all day though, other areas still rock solid.

·
Electrician
937 Posts
I like your ramp setup, I hear you on Ariens traffic there its just you and me buddy! lol GS.
I'm here, sorry just fell asleep. Ariens just keep on tickin like a timex, nothing much to talk about I guess.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Let's keep it alive we have some activity here ariensman2 nice to hear from Yah. I think I'm going to get ready for mowing maybe ill snap a few pics. Ariensman2 do you have any Ariens attachments?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Grand Sierra, I took a few more pics of the tiller mount to the tractor today. Did not get a chance to download them but will hopefully get at it tomorrow. Also some close ups of my homemade weight box which mounts nearly the same way.

We need to see some more pics of these machines at work!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Here is a better pic of how the tiller mounts. I can't take it off completely yet as my right wrist is in a cast for 2 more weeks. It's pretty slick set up though and does not use 3 pt arms to mount, it does use 1 of the lift arms and then just pivots on the bottom mounts. In this pic the pulley cover is off to better show the install.

Here is my homemade weight box made of misc scrap. Guessing it weighs 30-40 lbs and I ran 4 x 40lb sand bags in it this past winter.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Your tractor and tiller have a nice shine on them. Besides my avitar setup I have a pto bagger in ruff shape mine just runs a bolt threw top link and hangs to bottom doesn't use the lift arms. I tried lift arms just don't have anything to connect to attachment wise for rear lift.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Picked up a single bottom plow and a cultivator from a friend today. Not mine yet but mine to play with lol. Forgot to take a pic when I was in the mud but here is an after shot. How's that country song go "let's get a little mud on the tires....."?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
atv tires dig good! If I lower plow to far though it digs in enough to make the tractor spin out. Thinking I may throw the chains on next time. Also the soil was rather damp and I suspect that factored into my issues. The GT20 hauled it no problem, just had to feather the lift up and down. My 3 pt works awesome and I have been using it to help clean up around the yard. I had to make up another set of lower arms for the plow as my "working" ones are to short for the plow.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I don't have any plowing garden experience myself looks like fun!
All of my experience happened yesterday evening when I did my small garden. I had previously tilled it but the plow sure dug down deeper! wish I had a bigger garden to play in some more lol!:Orange_tr

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm here to and I don't like any of you. lol. You guys seem to find deals on Ariens stuff all the time. There is never any Ariens stuff here in Indiana.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Hey guys,

I've got a S-16H, no attachments though, just a deck that needs a pto shaft fixed. Great tactor, it out-pulls all my others especially with wheel weights

I just passed on a GT 14 with 5 attachments at an auction when it went over $800. It had a snowblower (missing the pto shaft), a front blade, a rear grader blade, a rear furrow plow with discs that went on the same frame, and a cab. I really wanted it, if not just the attachments, but was hoping it wouldn't go so high. It was jut me and one other bidder past around $400. The tractor didnt look so good and when they started it up to "show it off" it crept forward, the brake didnt work and it ran into the snowblower (quite comical) I think that turned a lot of pople off. Wish I had taken some pictures. GB

21 - 40 of 54 Posts