My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There never seems to be much Ariens traffic on here. Figured I'd post up a few pics of mine at work. Just picked up the rototiller and a homemade dozer blade a couple of weeks ago and it's earning it's keep around the yard. No pics of it mowing, deck still off for a month or two yet. Pics from last fall when I took the 60" deck off though. Still need to find / fab a 3 pt hitch.

·
Gravely Model L Guy
464 Posts
Looks great! Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I think Ariens is like the misfits of the 2 I'm always looking for an Ariens post, what we need is a rebuild thread here, 10 pages or more sorry mines running strong any one got a broken one or do they all never break down?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A rebuild thread? Sorry, hopefully never from me. I've had to replace front PTO bearings and a leaky gasket from in behind the oil filter threaded pipe (not sure real name for it). Seems to be a huge lack of accessories for the Ariens though.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like a plan. You have any?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When did Ariens start building garden tractors?
From reading on their website it seems lawn tractors in the 50s and garden tractors after that sometime.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I like the idea of more posting on attachments I only have weight box, and bagger as of now. If we posted what Ariens made we would be done already for rear attachments except if converted to a 3 point and 540 PTO.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
In the Craiglist listings for Atlanta there is only ONE Ariens attachment listing. And it's MINE! I listed my 40 inch commercial deck as a Gravely/Ariens attachment just in case. Ha, ha, ha!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I never see anyything for the Ariens come up locally. I searched for a year before I found the rototiller and that was 1.5 hrs away from me. Not sure but I do not think Ariens were a big seller in my region. Would love to see sales numbers and see what was around here.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
There popular here in Ma and NH lots of stuff on CL and EBay. I have a at least 5 big Ariens dealers around me that's why perhaps. Ariens makes incredible snowblowers and the tractors move snow like nothing I have ever seen. I will not sell mine for any other machine that will not outperform mine in the snow removal. My neighbor has a 75 HP Bobcat skid steer and granted its only 4 feet wide vs 6 ft mine shoots snow 4o feet in the air! Blasts threw 2 foot drifts with ease.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
greenenvy 1 your GT 20 is in really nice shape. That's a very nice tractor 60 rotary mower must make short work of mowing. Doesn't the tiller use a 0 point setup can you post a pic of the tiller connected to tractor?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
greenenvy 1 your GT 20 is in really nice shape. That's a very nice tractor 60 rotary mower must make short work of mowing. Doesn't the tiller use a 0 point setup can you post a pic of the tiller connected to tractor?
I have another thread on the tiller.
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=227867
Let me know if that answers your questions. If not I'll snap a few more pics tomorrow for you.
Not much snow this year at all.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts