My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple walk behind tractors, but am unfamiliar with the 4 wheel tractor values. There is a 7173H for sale locally with a 48" mower deck, 48" 2 stage blower and 36 tiller included. The motor has about 50 hrs on a complete rebuild with receipts for $700 spent. Another kind individual told me that it was really an Ariens and I should ask the question on this board.
Would there be some opinion on value on something like this? Are there any inherent problems with these tractors.
Thanks for your time and answers.

Vince

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
Does it look anything like this?

:dunno:

$ value is more from condition. I traded a $150 (value) tractor for this Ariens just to get the tires, it turns out the tractor runs really good!!

(The mower deck is trash, I may use this tractor as a yard puller??)

Post some pics if possible. It will help determine a value.

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
The last one of those snowblowers I sold I got $700 it was like new may never have been used those tillers usually go here around $300 in good condition,deck good working shape $250-$300 and the Gravelys always seem to bring more than the ones painted like an Ariens for some reason.New engine in the tractor but its hard to recoup that money and it must have had right many hrs to need a rebuild and more tractors around than good equipment these days.$1200 would be a great buy for the outfit but even at $1800 you're still where I've seen a couple pretty well worn JD 318s sell for lately with just a deck.And for $2000 new you're still getting a cheap built Plastic Lizzy at TSC.Hard to put a price on used stuff most important is if it fits your needs and you like the way it rides and operates.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts