My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

The last few days I've had a chance to try out my new Ariens Amp 24 snowblower. Luckily unlike last winter we have only had a few inches of snow but so far it's working pretty good. I'm trying to get used to the nuances of a newer battery electric snowblower compared to the old 1969-79 Massey-Ferguson tank/bulletproof of a snowblower we used to own and clear snow at our rental properties years ago. I'd practically tear my shoulder apart pulling the pull-cord start on it and have the choke set just right on it.

The Amp is pretty well set up with a snow cab and I need to tweek it a bit like get some counter balancing weights on the front since I really have to drive it down when blowing out the end of the driveway after the road grader comes by. Our driveway is long and our lot with sidewalk is large too. I started doing the neighbors after clearing the entrance to his driveway but I need to recharge it so I'll do it later.

Like I said I'm learning to be efficient with the battery power and not work against it just trying to be careful too.

Still doing research on my all-purpose garden tractor narrowing in on the Simplicity. Sure wish we had a modern version of the ElecTrack in production.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went into the garage this afternoon to check the battery recharge status expecting 7 hours to fully recharge as per owners manual since I depleted them to the last bar that was blinking and within 3 1/2 hours it was fully charged with the green light on and ready to go. I have the standard slow charger which is better for longer battery life though I had planned to get the optional fast charger which says 3 hours in case I needed it.

I did the neighbors long sidewalk and long driveway too and did some work back at our house clearing some snow away from the foundation. I worked for about an hour and shut it down with 1/2 bars left. I'm curious to see how it will work after a blizzard. We ususally get one around the state HS basketball championships if not before.

Snow cab is awesome! Need to see if I can adjust with the poly skid pads so it clears snow closer to the edge of the sidewalk or driveway surface. I'll call the dealer tomorrow

One thing I did notice is that it is pretty well balanced machine. I actually just push it to where I'd like to start like the neighbors since it is like being in nuetral and then turn the key and pull the red tab which starts the motor and then I engage it. Just saving battery power yet it's pretty easy to do that step.

·
Loving Life :-)
4,007 Posts
Arens has generally been known for a well balanced machine, though a little light in the nose for some tastes. Looking forward to some pics :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.