My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since I posted about the adaptation of a 36" Ariens Snow Blower to my 1969 Bolens 1225. I have yet to cut any metal but have spent most of my time taking measurements and devising a way to reverse the PTO to work with the Ariens. Attached you will see an AutoCAD drawing of what I think I am going to do. What is not shown (for detail purposes) is the plate where the drive sprockets will attach to. The input shaft will be held with (2) pillow blocks. The PTO spins counter-clockwise thus the reason it is on the "outside" of the chain. This setup results in the drive system rotating clockwise. Also, not shown is the upper sprocket will be adjustable to take up the slack in the chain and the drive sprocket which drives the impeller will have a tensioner sprocket to take its slack out. I think it will work well. I also need to design the mount which should be fairly straightforward. I hope to have parts ordered sometime next week to start fabrication in early November.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Looks like another great solution for the 1225. I look forward to watching this one.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
You are a very clever young man. What a great idea, I like the no belts also. You may have just started a craze. No idle snowblower will be safe now and more so if someone has a Bolens.

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
That is fantastic. I love your ideas. I would love to have one. Good luck with the fab.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts