My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the commercial M's really commercial? If non-commercial M's don't hold up well for commercial use, how do the commercial M's do? The only difference is the wheels (steel on commercial's), a spark plug guard, a larger fuel tank, and different colors. But, these do not change the normal problems that may occur during commercial use on an M. So, are the commercial M's really that commercial? How do they hold up?

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the same thing could be said about all the other commercials. Things will wear out on regular and commercial models
Well, I don't have much, if any experience with commercials, with the exception of the M. IMHO the commercial M has to be the easiest to clone, correct?

·
Registered
890 Posts
I think the only difference between commercials and regular Lb's is the large gas tank and ball bearing wheels. Some may have a stronger crank and or bearings. Someone here will know.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
an m with the later 3speed toro trans axel ends would hold up better than the early ones. i doubt few true comm m models were sold. they are very rare

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
an m with the later 3speed toro trans axel ends would hold up better than the early ones. i doubt few true comm m models were sold. they are very rare
lawnboy dan, in your opinion, what is the best mower for commercial use? You seem to know your stuff.:fing32:

·
5K Poster!!!
5,141 Posts
lawnboy dan, in your opinion, what is the best mower for commercial use? You seem to know your stuff.:fing32:
I can't speak for Dan but I'll say that a Toro 22040 is my fav and then the residential model 10515 Lawnboy fits the bill real nice too. I like the lightweight easy to maneuver 10515 for when I'm in a hurry. And as for the 22040 it just works.....and works.....and works....

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
I would go for a commercial jacobsen with the wiconsin robin 2-cycle. It has the thickest aluminum deck I've ever seen. The engine runs smoother then butter on ice and isn't afraid of any height of grass I've found. I bet you could drop this pushmower 50 feet and it would survive to mow another day.

(Thanks a million Jim!)

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think that the best commercial is the Toro 22043 Proline. After seeing a video of Indy452's, I fell in love with that particular mower. That's why it's my most desired mower of all time. Did anyone else hear of the 22043 in great condition that was sold for $10? The owner said he didn't have the gas to see if it ran and he let it go for $10!:fing20:

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
"I have a story to tell that Toro Proline's are just as good if anyone is interested in hearing it....."

Let's hear it, you know that we love stories here :ROF

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"I have a story to tell that Toro Proline's are just as good if anyone is interested in hearing it....."

Let's hear it, you know that we love stories here :ROF
Well, here it goes.

I used to have a 2-cycle Suzuki Toro Landscaper commercial (some may remember it.) I basically got it for free. So, I had lots of other projects to do and this thing needed ALOT of work and who knows how many replacement parts. So, I put it up for sale. I sold it for $10 (big mistake.) I wish I had kept it. Anyways, the guy who bought it is a landscaper and needed my Toro for parts. He was telling me about the Toro Prolines (21" or so models) that his company uses for commercial use. They dropped one off of a near 40 foot cliff (I hope by accident! LOL!) Nothing but a few scratches happened. Then, the same one, or similar one fell off of the trailer. Again, nothing but some scratches. To me, that is tough! And that's leaving out the performance of one of these Proline's.....:fing32: I hope that this was a good story.:ROF

1 - 12 of 12 Posts