My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Wheel horse lovers!
I was browsing through E-bay looking at Wheel Horse parts and came across a KT-17s Kohler Engine Brand new in the crate from some small engine supply warehouse for the bargain price of GET THIS!, $2065.00
yes thats dollars US. E-Bay item# is 200345160267 I am sure it will sell quickly so dont everybody go
bid at once! Are they Crazy??? Or am I just cheap! LOL :)

:sidelaugh C-175

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Seems to me I saw one of those places selling KT17s for $2045 outright. I thought that was a good bit high.

·
Tractor Junkie
547 Posts
:ROF :ROF :ROF :sidelaugh :eek:mg: : I wa just thinking of the killer engine i would have if I put $2000 into it!!

Bored stroked massaged billet chrome uh uh uh oh

maybe call it the Binford 2000

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Seems too high to me, I would pay for it.

·
Registered
191 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
If you think thats high if you need one just wait untill the goverment gets into the act more than they have to this point.
Or take one to a shop and ask them to rebuild it if all it needs is rings and a valve job its not going to be so bad but wait untill the guy calles and says the crank is bad and has to be bored out then ask about the warranty
then the 2000.00 will be a good deal.
Ive gotten parts fr0om them people youre talking about and a engine or two and have been treated better than the local dealers and cheaper
so to make a long story short one gets what it payes for.
you want to find a rip off look at the boots the guy has for 14.00 and there not wheel hose boots and they can still be puraced at toro for about $4.00

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Old,
I checked out that link you posted and
they want $3019.00 for a Kohler KT-17 QS twin cylinder 17 hp,this is the SALE Price they say they retail for $3400.00 I bet they sell a lot at that price!
Nope not when I can buy the whole **** tractor for that!

:eek:mg: C-175

1 - 10 of 10 Posts