My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
He didn't respond for a day or two. When he responded it kicked it up to the top. On some other forums they will just put ttt to kick it up. ttt = to the top. Won't work here you need at least five letters.

Kirk

·
1946 2n, 316JD
131 Posts
You are a nice guy To know Kirk, You seem to have a lot of Info.. Hey My 2n is running darn good now.. In 3rd gear I can just let out the cluch with it at idle and she just pulls a way.. nice and smooth.. Now I can get to work on the maintainace she needs... It has some 3point seals leaking. and needs all the oils changed.. But I am happy to just drive her around and feel the "old steel" ya know.. I bought this beacuse I got a lot of stuff with it.. I got a rear blade, a cultavator about 6' wide, a slush scraper that works with chains and a Bucket that digs (sort of) and works of the three point.. I need some chains for winter, but all I can find is 300.00 any Ideas?

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
You can try on craigslist and even if you see a tractor on there with chains email the guy and ask if he'll sell them separate. You can put a want ad in the for sale section on this site. Buying local is probably best. Shipping may kill a deal.
I have a couple of milk crates full of chains. I have to get them out and measure them and put them up for sale.
Something to consider when buying chains is the right style chains for your tire tread. If your tire has a 23 degree tread then you don't want the ladder style chains because they will fall inbetween the lugs and make the chains useless. You will need the big ring or X style chains. If you have 45 degree tires then the ladder chains work ok.

Kirk

·
1946 2n, 316JD
131 Posts
Not sure what kind of tire treads I have:dunno:.. I guess I better figure that out.. is it called out on the numbers on the side? How would I know?

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
First photo is a 2n with 23 degree
Second photo is a ford 4000 ind 45 degree
Both have ladder style chains
Third photo ladder style chains
forth photo X style (at least that's what I call them) chains

Kirk

Attachments

·
1946 2n, 316JD
131 Posts
Gotcha,, Thanks Kirk, I have the 45* tires, so I can use regular chains. I had seen the other chains on videos,, Now I understand the differance..:thanku:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts