My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Where is the best place to get good used parts for my HT23? I found a small flaw in the armor of this M1A1 I bought recently and need to find some parts. It appears that the PO did not put the second set of pins in when using the tiller and it tried to climb up the tractor, being stopped only by the driveshaft hitting the rearend housing. Eventually this chewed enough metal away to cause it to leak oil. Someone 'patched' it with a piece of steel and some jb weld, but it leaks a little. It is the eaton 11? with hi-lo rearend, right side axle housing. If any one has a spare and needs some tube frame parts:fing32:, or just needs a little spending money?

If not, I'll have to weld it but would rather not for fear of pulling it out of alignment or stressing it. If any of you guys have had the rears of these beasts apart and can lend some knowledge, I'd be most appreciative.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Maybe Sam's has a used transaxle. Speaking of tube frame parts... would you happen to have a drive pulley for a 900?

Jason

·
Registered
515 Posts
I doubt the hole is very big. If it's no bigger than a quarter you can weld it with Nickel and peen it as it cools. If done correctly there is very little chance of any distortion. The housing is being used in a slow speed application so I'm sure you would be fine. Either way good luck with your project. When people mess things up like they did with your tractor, it makes me wonder who ties their shoes for them. Could have been an accident though.

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
Where is the best place to get good used parts for my HT23? I found a small flaw in the armor of this M1A1 I bought recently and need to find some parts. It appears that the PO did not put the second set of pins in when using the tiller and it tried to climb up the tractor, being stopped only by the driveshaft hitting the rearend housing. Eventually this chewed enough metal away to cause it to leak oil. Someone 'patched' it with a piece of steel and some jb weld, but it leaks a little. It is the eaton 11? with hi-lo rearend, right side axle housing. If any one has a spare and needs some tube frame parts:fing32:, or just needs a little spending money?

If not, I'll have to weld it but would rather not for fear of pulling it out of alignment or stressing it. If any of you guys have had the rears of these beasts apart and can lend some knowledge, I'd be most appreciative.
Too bad you were not close to NH. I have one I'm selling, not sure if the hydro works though as it came off of a parts tractor... You could always clean it off good and reapply the jb weld it should hold ok for that application.

·
5,525 Posts
Too bad you were not close to NH. I have one I'm selling, not sure if the hydro works though as it came off of a parts tractor... You could always clean it off good and reapply the jb weld it should hold ok for that application.
You have a Eaton 11 for sale?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe Sam's has a used transaxle. Speaking of tube frame parts... would you happen to have a drive pulley for a 900?

Jason
Sorry for my slow responses guys, my Father-in law passed away suddenly last saturday. Our lives have been in turmoil, but getting better.

Parts for 900? Does that have the 2 stage hi/low pulley? If so, I had one, but unfortunately i broke it trying to rob an engine from an 853. I have another 850 that is complete that I am wiling to part with. It has a newer briggs and should run with some tinkering. It is very restorable and I am guessing to be a 1969 model. Interested?

Let me check on something else, I recently acquired a mess of parts that I haven't sorted thru. May be something in there. I have to go back to my mother-in-laws tomorrow to unload some stuff, but should be back before dark. Hopefully I can remember to check for you. If you don't here from me, pm me.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. Yes, it is the 2 stage pulley. I really can't buy a full tractor or even a full engine due to shipping, but if you do have a spare pulley that would be good. I busted mine putting it on. I have both pieces and I can braze it back together if need be, but I am going to sell this tractor, therefore I would rather do it the right way.

Thanks,
Jason

1 - 7 of 7 Posts