My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
i dont think that snapper is currently making any garden tractor models.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was curious because the local parts shop I've become a frequent customer of is also a Snapper dealer, and "Columbia" which I think is an MTD brand?

I've thought that perhaps someday I could get a new tractor, and I would like to be able to get it from them because so far they've been real good to work with, and I'd like to give them my business. But I'd really like something that can do ground engagement. I've got a DR Grader and want to use whatever tractor I've got to grade the driveway. Sounds like Snapper doesn't have a tractor that would be a good fit. Oh well.

·
Banned
297 Posts
I got a lt200 about 2 years old, and can say its not big and heavy,good grass cutter when its running though,,:trink40:

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
I would surmise they weren't real big sellers, but they look like a nice unit. Snapper does not seem to have the name recognition in this market like JD does.

·
Banned
297 Posts
Well would say my lt200 is a step or two above the box store models,its deck is a simplicity which I believe owns them which is owned by briggs?? got to buy that model off dealer,which will work on them,etc,but it has that briggs intek,[of course],but it cuts really good,,but doubt it will last as long as my 13-14 year old sears,which is still running fine.

Tried to buy the best about 3 grand could get[believe it cost less than that],couldn't spend 5 grand or so on a lawnmower,wanted to buy off a dealer this time,those huskys and cubs are about same as box store ones in that price range[or the exact same],wanted 50 inch cut,,so,,ended up with the lt200,[for better or worse].

But it is just a grass cutter[thats all I wanted].

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Interesting--what is Snapper NXT, as opposed to regular Snapper? I had never even seen this site, I only was aware of snapper.com and the tractor's shown there.
I also see that when I do a dealer search at snapper.com I get results that are not included when I do a dealer search at snappernxt.com... ?

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
im not too sure about the NXT line, the look big and bad, but im sure they are nothing like the oldies ..... i want to go see one in person one day

1 - 13 of 13 Posts