My Tractor Forum banner

Are standers Hard on knee's????

19K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  Grand Sierra 
I want one in the worste way but i dont know anyone that has one. I asked this question on a lawn forum and it never got answered. We do lawncare and these seem fast, also seem great for getting on and off of it. Looks very straight forward repair wise and also i think it would be comfy...??? Commets please.
Hello Amberslawncare. I'm new to this forum but not to the industry. I jumped from z's and walks with sulkies to JD' 652 standers. First of all the equipment is all the same. Kawi fx730's and kohlers, Hydro gear for the pumps. So that leaves us to the deck modifications. I'm a touch west of Philadelphia and we have morning dew and somewhat wet summers. I was getting fed up with my exmarks spitting balled up grass in the moist conditions. So I demoed the scag v ride, and the quiktrak 652R. Well both were PHENOMENAL in the wet grass, even early fall with wet leaves they spit grass and wet leaves with no problem. The decks have open baffles which allow air flow to throw grass rather then pass grass from one blade to the next then out the chute.
Secondly, they are extremely fast. I'm a solo guy and cut about 26 lawns a day with my quiktrak 36-52. Now solo with a hydro walk with a sulkie set up I was getting 22ish but was beat to death on it. There is absolutely no wear and tear on your body with the standers. (my yards are 8000-12000sq/ft) With another guy 35 lawns a day is achievable.
Lastly whats so awesome about these standers is that you don't have to put your z in neutral then brake and move the sticks. you can pull past the obstacle back up lean down and toss to the side or put it on operator platform until you can discard it.
I will admit when you're running hard in the hot summer in an enclosed trailer the lift block does not work because the latch expands so you can't get it back down when it's fully up in the locked (transport position) easy fix is to just not put it in the transport position.

Hope this persuades you to pick one up.:tango_face_wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.