My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
He's the best thing to come from Iowa since John Wayne, James T. Kirk and sliced bread!
Put your hands together for...
our April Featured Member of the Month
deere_john_tractor_1.gif diesel powered 2.png deere_john_tractor_1.gif

(you can slip me the cash later, DP! :sidelaugh)

Name:

Keith

DP 10 2.jpg

02-01-2012

Member number:

What city, and state, do you live in?

Central IA

Are you married?

No

Do you have any children?

Nope, just one furry one that loves to ride along in the truck any chance that she gets.

DP 11 2.jpg

Do you have any grandchildren?

See previous question. :hide:

What do you do to earn a living?

Service Tech, as well as a bit of sales/management/etc, for a small business. Everything from selling/installing new equipment, to turning wrenches, to IT work, etc. Almost every day is an adventure out on the road (read: not in a cubicle) and involves thinking outside of the box on a regular basis.

How old are you?

Military service?

No, but I have a great amount of respect for all that have served and all that do serve. Both of my Grandfathers served and I enjoyed listening to, and learning from, their experiences.

How did you come to join MTF?

I can't recall exactly what I was searching for, but it originated from a Google search involving a JD garden tractor.

What are your favorite forums and why?

John Deere garden tractors due to the traffic, different ideas that get bounced around, and pics. After that, if there's time, I generally scroll down through the new posts as there's interesting things in several other areas.

What do you like most about MTF?

Lots of friendly/intelligent people with similar interests.

willmar_02.jpg

Please list your tractors and/or equipment:

John Deere 110 Round Fender - designated 80 cart puller

John Deere X748 w/ several attachments

John Deere 4410 w/ loader & backhoe

DP4.jpg DP1.jpg

DP 12 2.jpg

What is your favorite tractor or piece of equipment and why?

Probably the 4410. It's taken many years to work my way up to that machine and it's an extremely handy/versatile piece of equipment.

DP3.jpg

Is there a tractor or piece of equipment you'd love to own someday?

Oh boy, that's a long list. A JD 6030 and a steam engine would be a couple at the top of the list.

Tell us some of the tasks you use your tractors and/or equipment for?

Mowing, snow removal, driveway grading, dirt work, tree stump removal, sweeping rocks from the grass in the spring, spraying, moving heavy objects, tilling, moving trailers, etc. It seems that you can almost always figure a way to use a tractor on a project.

DP 13 2.jpg DP 14 2.jpg

Could you describe your property for us?

Roughly 2.5 acres in the country with a house and garage. The previous owner preferred the overgrown forest feel, while I prefer a bit more of an open yard with a few good trees instead of a bunch of random trees/shrubs/etc growing wherever a bird left the seed. It's been an ongoing transformation, but I enjoy it and get to use the tractors in the process.

Is there something you'd love to build or restore someday?

Does a bigger shop count? :D I'd love to restore a JD Round Fender and a corresponding attachment like a sickle/loader/etc some day. There's several very nice restorations on MTF to drool over in the mean time.

Most memorable tractor moment?

Nearly dying while riding in a wagon behind an out of control garden tractor that my best friend was driving. We were probably around 12 at the time. It's easy to look back and laugh about it now, but it didn't seem so funny at the time!

Earliest tractor memories?

Building a go cart track with a 1250 Hydro Cub and hauling many loads of dirt filling in a low spot in the yard at home (how I would've loved to have a loader to use instead of hand shoveling those loads!)

Do you have any other hobbies or interests that you'd like to share with us?

Being a volunteer Firefighter & EMR consumes a lot of my time and I enjoy every minute of it.

What do the other people in your life think of your "tractor" hobby?

Most of them don't really know about it. Not that it's a secret, but I don't generally bring it up a lot to people that wouldn't understand.

dec_fmom.png

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
14,096 Posts
Congratulations, Keith! Hope you're ready for the legions of adoring fans! Oh, wait, that's James T. Kirk! I get you two confused! :sidelaugh

And thanks, Mike, for stepping up to put the article together this month! Its a tough job, when its someone from Iowa! LOL

·
Super Moderator
13,592 Posts
Congratulations! Well deserved in spite of what Mrs Beef says! :ROF

A 6030 and steam engine.... That is all of "the list" that made it into the article......

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
Congrats diesel.good to learn more about you.

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Congratulations, Keith!! :thThumbsU

Well deserved! :fing32:

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,740 Posts
Congratulations Keith! :thThumbsU

·
Super Moderator
15,641 Posts
Congratulations Kieth. Always good to read your contribution's to the forum.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Congratulations, well deserved.
Always good solid info.

·
ADMINISTRATOR
16,297 Posts
Congratulations Keith :thThumbsU

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,404 Posts
A real congratulations to a very important contributor to the forum.

Thanks for solid advice, recommendations, opinions, and suggestions.

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts

No, seriously you are FMoM for April! Congrats.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts

·
MTF mile high club member
5,919 Posts
Thanks to all. :trink39:

I might have to wait until tomorrow to see if this is real. :biglaugh:

I've had the pleasure of meeting several people from the forum (from as far away as Canada!) and a few locals have turned into good friends outside of the Internet world. :rauch10:

·
Premium Member
8,216 Posts
Congrats Keith, and that is a nice set of green machines you have there!

·
9K+ Poster
12,164 Posts
Congrats Keith! :thThumbsU You've been a solid forum contributor and well deserving of this award. :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts