My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did I call it or what? I knew once ol' Shel hooked up with Ford again, it was just a matter of time. Heres a view of the 2007 Shelby GT500 that will be seen by many. "Over 450 HP" according to Ford, and that is with modern technology and a chassis to put it all to the ground.

BTW...Wheres that retro Camaro I have been reading about? Truly the start of another awesome era for the big Blue Oval and Carroll Shelby. :)

Greg

Attachments

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
That looks great Greg i bet it sells good. By the way who do you think GM is going to get rid of Buick or Pontiac?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure, Jody. Buick is definately the more luxury (and pricey) type. Although a major Ford fan, I hated to see the Camaro and Trans Am come to a halt. You can partially thank all the import owners. Seems that old bumper sticker I seen years ago, reading "Buy American...the job you save might be your own!" is more reality than many think.

GM is not doing too good right now, and even from a Ford fanatics perspective, that is not good.

Greg

·
Retired MTF Founder & Administrator
15,755 Posts
Fusion1970 said:
BTW...Wheres that retro Camaro I have been reading about?

Greg

now That would be nice.. id love an old 69 style camaro with todays technology...

i guess thats the benefit of being old? we get to see our old favs reborn with better innards.... :fing02:

·
Premium Member
5,554 Posts
But don't do what Chryler did with the new Charger, I am a major Mopar fan, and that is the dumbest thing I have ever seen, The only thing the new Charger is good for is a police car!!!!!!! :fing20:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dodge just can't seem to get away from that grille. They have the same looking grille on like 10 different vehicles. As for the Camaro, I have heard they are working on one, but have yet to see any pics of it. Between the 67, 68, and 69, I like the looks of the 67's and 68's, as they do not have the crease running down the side of the car. The car just looks much more muscular without it. They better go big or stay on the porch, as with the GT's 0-60 time of 4.6 seconds or so, and 13 second 1320 times, it's not gonna be an easy act to follow...and thats just the GT model.

And yes, Ingersoll...I fell in love with the new Mustang as a prototype, and hoped they would build it like it looked. Then I seen a couple cheesed-up versions, and I got scared. The new Mustang is HOT! The convertible was not supposed to be out til next year, but my dad seen one at Gulf Coast Ford in Crystal River, Florida last week.

Between the GT, the Mustang Cobra of next year, and now the Shelby...****, life is good! :)

Greg

·
Retired MTF Founder & Administrator
15,755 Posts
Michael said:
But don't do what Chryler did with the new Charger, I am a major Mopar fan, and that is the dumbest thing I have ever seen, The only thing the new Charger is good for is a police car!!!!!!! :fing20:
Charger
i agree
but id LOVE to have a repro dodge challenger like the 70-74 style made with todays insides... now that would be sweet...

·
Member Extraordinaire - Deceased March 2017
3,101 Posts
You guys don't like the new chargers? They would look much better as a two door.

Durwood

·
3,101 Posts
Interior

The interior is sharp though.

Durwood

·
Premium Member
5,554 Posts
Durwood said:
The interior is sharp though.

Durwood

The Magnum has the same interior.

·
3,101 Posts
Fusion1970 said:
Did I call it or what? I knew once ol' Shel hooked up with Ford again, it was just a matter of time. Heres a view of the 2007 Shelby GT500 that will be seen by many. "Over 450 HP" according to Ford, and that is with modern technology and a chassis to put it all to the ground.

BTW...Wheres that retro Camaro I have been reading about? Truly the start of another awesome era for the big Blue Oval and Carroll Shelby. :)

Greg
Yea, but this is still my favorite Mustang of all time. The neighbor 3 doors down had one when i was in school. Same color as this one.

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
:ditto: Durwood, I think I still have that pic somewhere on my computer.

·
3,101 Posts
MowHoward2210 said:
:ditto: Durwood, I think I still have that pic somewhere on my computer.

I stoled it from this site Mow. The're about 50 miles from me and always seem to have clean vehicles. I alway check out the "What's new" section.
http://www.mershons.com/

Durwood

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not sure what my favorite Mustang would be, as that is a hard choice. 67 Shelby GT 500, the 65-66 GT 350 R, or a 71 Boss 351 or Boss 429 comes to mind.

A long time ago, when I played little league baseball, the house right next door to the field had a dark green 67 or 68 GT 500 KR in the garage that I would drool over when the door was open. That was 22 or 23 years ago, and as of a few months ago, the guy still had it.

BTW, thats a beautiful 70 Boss

Greg

·
Super Moderator
32,051 Posts
Durwood said:
Yea, but this is still my favorite Mustang of all time. The neighbor 3 doors down had one when i was in school. Same color as this one.
Thats it Durwood. The right car, AND the right color!!!!!!! Only thing I would change is I would want the shaker hood, but the flat hood Bosses sure are smothhhhhhhhh looking. And that color............... AWSOME. The PERFICT color on the 70 bosses, and Mach's!!!!!!

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
The new Mustang just blowes me away , I seen a 66 fast back this past wed. , It is a show piece. I towed in a accident related 98 mustang recently ,I purchased it , fixed it back up , gave it to my granddaughter yesterday. Her first car.
Fusion1970 , I think the new Dodge with nascar is a Charger 2-door.
Am I right about that ? I`m thinking that your a race fan.
I have a 40 Chev. coupe , with all the finer things of life, all power , I don`t do shows anymore , this one is a dailey driver. Not as nice as the new computered look alikes but fun to drive anyway
Ingersoll , arent you building a mustang ? seems like I remember a pic of a project ?

·
Once again a Super Member
13,711 Posts
With gas prices what about this retro:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts